2☁️

"hm your future is full of wealth and luxury, but don't get greedy

"hm your future is full of wealth and luxury, but don't get greedy. greed will lead to bad things." the girl spoke, eyes closed as she read the mans future. her hands lightly holding his in the dimly lit room covered in an array of different patterned scarfs and tapestry's.

the mans eyes widened. "i just got promoted to head of my company. this is incredible!" he exclaimed, jumping to his feet with a large smile. "i have to tell my wife! maybe she won't divorce me." slamming a 50 down on the table, the man ran out of the small room lit by candles

lifting her hand in a swift motion the door closed easily, leaving the girl in the room on her own. she sighed , placing her head down on the small table in front of her.

this was the life of miyazaki sora. she had abilities- abilities that not a lot of people had. she could do things with her mind. a mindreader, she was a mindreader. besides being a mindreader she was able to do other supernatural things with her mind but only due to years of practice.

she was born with the ability to read minds. she was also born with a thing called precognition, which is the foreknowledge of paranormal acts.

her childhood was a living hell. her mother selling her to the circus because of her abilities. she's been in this huge circus for 10 out of her 18 years of life, used as a fortune teller. and mindreaders and fortune tellers were two very different things.

"sora theres another one coming in." the voice of her manager called through the door with a loud knock. the girl groaned, ruffling her hair. with a flick of her wrist the door opened.

"when will this hell of a place let me go?" she huffed to herself in japanese, watching as a y'all long white haired man walked. he was tall and handsome. he also looked japanese which was a shocker to sora.

"so you're the infamous miyazaki mindreader ey?" he spoke in their native tongue leaving sora dumbfounded. "y-you heard how much?" she stuttered realizing what she had just said.

"enough to know that they're also forcing you to work here." he said smoothly, sitting down in the chair before her with a raised eyebrow.

"you don't know that." she countered, feeling a bit pathetic for being for being forced to work. "oh but i do." it was her turn to raise her eyebrows.

but with a swift motion of his wrist, the door closed fully and locked. along with all the candle lights growing larger. sora was confused, squinting at the man. she tried hard to read his mind but something was blocking it. this had never happened to her before, not being able to read someone's mind.

"what..." she mumbled, creasing her eyebrows in confusion. "can't read it can you?" he asked as he played with his fingernails. sora was more lost then she could ever be. so many questions were running through her mind, trying to process what was going on.

"sora sweetheart calm down. your thinking too loud." the girls eyes then became the size of saucers, realizing what was going on. "you're a.." she trailed off, not wanting to jump to conclusions.

"a mindreader? yes yes i am. and i'm here to save you from this sick place."

oh my g o d i've been waiting to publish this for s o long