11

"Cerberus, go back now."

The creature stayed put, one of the heads catching an unfamiliar scent in the air. He was trained to assume anyone else was a potential threat to his owner, and was to get rid of them unless told otherwise. All three heads sniffed the air, beginning to growl again.

"No, Cerberus. He's not a target. Don't you dare fucking leave this room. If you fucking dare to go near him I'll turn you into a rug." The man said through gritted teeth. The animal didn't pay any attention to him for the first time in his life. That was new.

"Cerberus. I'm warning you."

Next thing he knew, he was knocked to the ground, the back of his head hitting the basement stairs behind him. He saw stars as the wooden step smashed into the occipital lobe of his brain. Cerberus' claws dug into his skin as he trampled over him. He could feel blood beginning to pour out of his wounds. He ignored it and stumbled to his feet, tripping as he raced after the animal.

"CERBERUS! STOP!" He shouted, snatching a knife off the counter as he ran up the stairs after the beast. He finally reached the top of the stairs and was at his and Jungkook's room.

He watched in horror as he realized he was too late.

He saw the door smashed open.

He heard the screaming.

He was too late.

An overwhelming amount of rage he hadn't felt since he first earned his title as Satan took over him. He gripped onto his knife tighter and stormed into the room. He didn't want to see what Jungkook looked like now that Cerberus was on top of him. If there was anything left of him, that is. He felt like he couldn't breathe.

He raised the knife and right as he was about to plunge it through the flesh of the animal, he stopped when he heard something.

Giggling.

"What the fuck-"

"S-Stop! S-Stop that! T-Tickles!" Jungkook squealed, using his hands to try to push the heads away from where they were mercilessly licking his face.

He lowered the knife, jaw hung open in shock.

"S-Stop! H-Hyung, get him off! It's too ticklish!" Jungkook shrieked as more giggles escaped him.

"Cerberus!" Yoongi snapped, tossing the knife aside. He had to admit he felt awful that he had just been about to kill his loyal companion, but if Cerberus had been doing what Yoongi expected him to be doing, he wouldn't blink an eye when he killed him.

Cerberus ignored his owner, continuing to lick the boy's face happily. Jungkook was gasping for air and couldn't stop laughing.

"Hyung, help!" Jungkook whined, attempting to push the heads away again but to no avail. The beast was too strong.

"CERBERUS!"

Nothing.

"What the fuck..." Yoongi whispered. This was the first time the animal had ever disobeyed him. "Just...say his name. Say 'Cerberus, stop'."

"Cerberus, stop!"

The dog whined and whimpered but moved back and sat down obediently. Jungkook picked himself up off the floor. The dog couldn't stop wagging it's tail, the three heads panting in perfect unison.

"Are you okay? I thought he..." Yoongi sighed in relief, his heart racing.

"I'm fine. I thought so too at first. Guess I got lucky." Jungkook said before taking a deep breath.