Chapter 18

A/N: At this point, I think we're all aware that I have no update schedule. However, after these chapters with 

the boys' date, I'll start going by episode order. This chapter is longer than most because I got a little lost so sorry about that. 

Soft rays of sunlight laid across my  body as Kyoya softly shook me, "We're here." 

I smiled, sitting up as we all exited the car. Happy termors filled my body alongside nervousness. I wanted Kyoya to meet Mimi but I was scared that she wouldn't like him. Mimi was always a good judge of character. 

Youta led us up the path, his hands fidgeting at his side, "She's very sweet once you get to know her, I promise."

Kyoya pushed his glasses up, " I understand"

I tilted my head up towards him, "You do?"

"Yes, it's natural for paternal figures in your life to be overprotective after certain incidents in your life occur," He responded and the corners of my mouth twitched upwards.

Youta turned his head back to Kyoya, "You're really not gonna question what the incident is?"

Kyoya shrugged, an uncharacteristic feature of his, "I trust that you'll tell me when the two of you are ready."

I took Kyoya's hand in mine with a smile, "Thank you, Kyo-chan." 

We entered the cabin to be welcomed by the familiar smell of maple candles and fresh cinnamon bread being baked. Mimi was in the living room, sweeping perfectly polished wooden floorboards. 

Youta shook his head softly with a hint of an oncoming smile, "We told that you had plenty of time." 

She looked up, her eyes crinkling as she grinned, "You still can't spring someone thing like that so suddenly on an old woman!"

Her eyes fell on Kyoya, "And you must be the rich boy." 

Before Youta or I could yell at Mimi, Kyoya stepped forward, taking Mimi's hand and giving it a light kiss, "it's a pleasure to meet you, Ms..."

A rosy blush spread across her wrinkled cheeks, "No need for formalities, just call me Mimi like the boys do."

Youta, Kyoya, and I all sat down the wooden table while Mimi brought out cinnamon bread rolls and iced tea. 

She set down the teacups in front of us, "So, Kyoya, Youta tells me that your family is in the medical business." 

He nodded as she poured the tea, "That's correct."

"Kyo-chan's family is providing me medication now!" I chirped happily, leaning my head Kyoya's shoulder. 

Mimi's face softened as she placed the rolls down, "Well, you must be a gift from the heavens for Kazuki."

Youta stood up with a grin,  "Actually, I have a present for you, Kyoya."

"A present?" Kyoya repeated as Youta left the cottage. 

I laughed at his worried look, "Don't worry, Kyo-chan! Youta's presents are always good!"

A few minutes later, Youta returned with a big bouquet of purple hydrangeas, handing them off to Kyoya, "Here you go."

Mimi shook her head with a light sigh, "I told him that he didn't need to get so many." 

I snorted, "We both already know that Youta doesn't go small when it comes to gift-giving."

Kyoya accepted the flowers his lips curling upwards, "Thank you, they're beautiful."

Hours passed by like bunnies frolicking in flower filled meadows as we all talked without a care. Kyoya and Mimi got along wonderfully despite their social classes being incredibly different. It almost funny watching the normally manipulative and cold boy laughing along with us with playing Jenga. 

But all good things have to see their end at some point as Youta checked his watch, "Okay, let's get going. Junta is waiting for us. "

I hoped up out of my seat, "Yay, we get to see Juju!"

Youta ruffled my hair, "No, angel, the other Junta, remember? Jun-chan?" 

I knocked my hand lightly against my forehead, "Ohhh, that Junta!"

We all laughed and said our goodbyes before getting back into the car. 

As my head rested in Kyoya's lap, I couldn't help but smile, seeing how well Kyoya fit into Youta and I's little life. It was like an extra seat that had been made with him in mind. A puzzle piece that clicked perfectly. 

I loved this little life of ours.