CHAPTER TWO; THE MARAUDERS' PLAN

THE FOUR BOYS WATCHED AS THE GIRL that had just fallen for one of their pranks ran around the corner, disappearing from the corridor

James Potter stood there perplexed at the brief conversation he had with the girl. "Well that was weird," He said slowly.

"How exactly did you expect it to go after you dropped a dungbomb on her?" Remus retorted, rolling his eyes. James turned to look at his friend.

"Not like that!" James exaggerated, pointing down the corridor. "Who
was she anyway, I don't remember meeting her."

"We met her on the train first year," Sirius cut in, still looking down the corridor. "Her name is Cammi Orrock". 

As all the boys began walking to their first class of the day, James yet again sported a perplexed look on his face. "We did?"

"Mate, your face is going to get stuck like that if the wind changes and I don't want to look at that forever." Remus pointed out. James gave him a dirty look. 

"Shut up!"

While Remus and Peter laughed at James' expense, Sirius continued to think about the encounter he just had, the ghost of Cammi's unhappy demeanour invading his brain. "She looks so sad," He said, voicing his thoughts out loud.  The boys stopped what they were doing and gave him their attention.

"Yeah she did," Squeaked Peter, twiddling his thumbs as he waited for the others to speak.

"You don't think it was the prank, was it?" James asked, regret lacing his words. He would feel terrible if it was.

"Well, even if it wasn't, I don't think she is exactly ecstatic to have had a prank pulled on her," Remus remarked sarcastically. Just as James was about to snap a smart-arse remark back, Sirius spoke.

"No, I don't think it was the prank. I used to know her before this and she used to be a lot happier."

"How did you know her?" Peter inquired, curious to know the answer. Sirius sighed, turning back to look at his friends.

"At those stupid, bloody Sacred Twenty-Nine meeting my parents used to take me to as a kid," Sirius rolled his eyes and ran a hand through his raven dark hair. "Her family is Pure-Blood as well so I use to see her there and despite most of the kids there were pompous and rude, she would always be polite and always seemed to be smiling."

"Sounds like someone has a crush," James sang, hooking his arm around Sirius' shoulders and wiggling his eyebrows.

Sirius rolled his eyes and shrugged his best friend off. "No, I actually barely know her. We were never close, nor did I ever really have a conversation with her, but I noticed her. I don't think I have seen her smile since the Sorting back in First Year."

"Actually, I don't think I even see her around much other than in classes," Remus said, his brows buried deep in concentration.

The other boys followed suit and thought about the amount of times they had seen Cammi around. "I can't think of any." Peter said, giving a shrug.