Chapter 4

We appear outside of a door along a hotel-like hallway. Itachi knocks politely, and I start snickering to myself. It comes out as bird-like chattering, much to my amusement. The Akatsuki pair ignores me. 

"Ero sennin! Nani-" Naruto looks at our group in confusion, then asks with hostility, "Dareda omai?"

"Watashi wa... Uchiha Itachi.

Itachi steps forward, and Naruto steps back, muttering something about Sasuke under his breath. 

The next few things happen too quickly for me to digest, but I knew what was going to happen beforehand anyway. 

Sasuke shows up, then Jiraiya follows suit and "saves" the two twelve-year-olds, traps the Akatsuki members (and me) in the frog gut jutsu thing, and Itachi uses amaterasu to allow us to escape. 

As soon as they jump through the gruesome hole in the wall, they shunshin to a small, unfamiliar dirt path in the middle of a forest. 

Kisame grunts a bit and taps my head, and I look at him questioningly before I realize my claws are digging into his forearm beneath the cloak. I immediately retract them, feeling apologetic. 

Itachi and Kisame speak over me for a few seconds, and then I am handed over to the Uchiha. He asks me something, likely questioning who I am and such, but I don't understand and feel my face contort slightly in confusion. 

Itachi narrows his eyes, and I see his sharingan activate right before we appear in a dull grey emptiness. I immediately (frantically) notice that I'm back in my normal, human body, and that I am completely naked. 

I let out a small squeak and curl up on myself, trying to cover what I can from the stoic, dressed Uchiha in front of me. Within the next moment, a large white sheet magically appears, wrapped around my bare figure. 

"Um, thanks- er, arigato," I say. Itachi is obviously the only one in here (wherever this is) that could conjure up something out of this nothing. 

His face doesn't change, but I detect annoyance and menace in his tone when he asks, "Who are you, and who are you working for?"

Shocked into a stupor, it takes me a moment before I sputter out, "I'm not a spy! I can hardly understand any of you most of the time! This is the first real conversation I've had since I got here! How could I be a spy like that? What would be the point of spying if I can't understand or speak Japanese in order to do anything with it?"

Itachi's eyes narrow. "I don't know what you're talking about, nor whatever 'Japanese' is, but you haven't answered my question yet, and I'm not above torturing you if you won't give your information freely. I've done a lot more for a lot less."

His last sentence startles me in its familiarity, and my mouth takes that moment to run me right into a rock and a hard place. "Oh, like you killed your clan just because it seemed like the easiest way to keep Konoha safe?" 

It was at this moment, I knew, that I had just fucked up. 

~0~0~0~

Ero sennin - pervy sage

Dareda omai - who the hell are you

Watashi wa - I am

Arigato - thank you

Well, then. Sorry for taking a little too long to update, but I've got work and limited screen time, so it can't be helped (most of the time). Thank you all so much for reading this, and especially to those who have commented and/or voted. It really makes me happy to see, and it motivates me to post more often when I'm able. 

Comment, vote, share, BE AWESOME!!!

~ Legend 🖤