Chapter 7

After I'm handed to Itachi, back in my feline form, the Uchiha takes me to the living room area, where a few other members are sitting on an odd assortment of couches and chairs. The zombie and art duos look up when Itachi walks in, then they all start talking at once.

I can't make out a single train of thought between their fast chatter and overlapping voices. I am suddenly hit with the strong desire to at least understand the people I'm around. I miss the ability I took for granted before coming to this world.

When Itachi's arms loosen, I jump down and sit next to where he stands, curling my tail around my front paws as I study the four shinobi before me. Sasori, expectedly, seems disinterested; Kakuzu wears an irritated look, though that's hardly unusual; and the other two wear antagonistic smirks.

I continue to watch their interaction when Itachi makes me jump by saying, "He's here," in heavily accented English. My eyes feel about to burst from my head, because surely I must be going insane. The next moment, though, reveals "Tobi" barging from the office we were just in.

"Nani tte itta no? Ne, ne, korehanandesuka?" The masked man asks Itachi in his high-pitched falsetto. I'm still in a state of shock at hearing Itachi speak my language, but I pad over to Obito as I try to shake it off. He tilts his mask slightly when I brace my forepaws on his shin, silently demanding his attention.

He picks me up while he asks the younger Uchiha something, holding me Simba-style at eye level. His single eye shows a wide range of emotion as Itachi speaks.

"Kanojo wa katsute watashinokazoku no naka de pettodeshita. Kanojo no namae wa... 'Rin' desu."

I try not to let my own eyes widen when I get the gist of the last thing he said. Something along the lines of...

"Her name...

"Is Rin."

Well then. Thanks, Itachi. You either just ensured my survival, or royally fucked me over.

~0~0~0~

Nani tte itta no? Ne, ne, korehanandesuka? - What (where) did you go to? Hey, hey. what's this?

Kanojo wa katsute watashinokazoku no naka de pettodeshita. Kanojo no namae wa... 'Rin' desu. - She was once a pet in my family (clan). Her name is... Rin.

Short chapter, but wtv. It's a necessary chapter. Comment, vote, BE AWESOME!

~ Legend 🖤