𝐋𝐞𝐨 𝐱 𝐍𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫

Requested by @storylover12345677

Title: Hug

I don't know how it happened. One minute I was alone at the farmhouse for summer, and the next, April was calling and saying she was coming. And Leo was hurt.

When they arrived, I got right onto Leo, washing his comatose body and cleaning his wounds. But he didn't wake up. Donnie said he wasn't sure when- or even if he was going to, but I continued saying when to keep myself from breaking down.

Raph talked to me a lot during that time.

While I was checking Leo's wounds and hoping for his eyes to open, he would try to joke and talk with me, sometimes talking to Leo too.

I waited for the day he answered back.

Then finally, he did.

Raph and I were talking about how April had kissed Donnie earlier and called him "her mutant". He was a little downcast, wanting someone to say the same to him.

"Oh, Raph. Someday, some amazing girl is going to come around and blow you away with how much she loves you," abandoning my post by Leo for a second, I walked over to Raph and took his face in my hands, smiling up at him as he glanced sadly down at me then Leo.

"Sure doesn't feel that way. And anyways, it's not like we have time for that right now. The Kraang have taken over the city, Leo's unconscious, Donnie's lovesick, and I don't even see Mikey anymore. He's always in the barn and woods, alone. I just don't know what to do," hugging Raph, tightly, I looked over at Leo and gasped. Raph hurriedly pulled away.

"Leo!" His eyes were open. And they were glaring straight at me. Raph went to hug his brother, but was shoved off as Leo tried to stand.

"Leo? What's wrong?" stumbling out of the bathroom, he surprisingly made it outside before his leg collapsed and he fell to the grassy lawn. Raph went to follow, but I held him back, asking for a few moments alone.

"I'll go tell Mikey," he whispered, quietly, and set off towards the barn. Sighing, I sat beside Leo, who was still pouting on the ground. He didn't look at me.

"Leo?" I asked, quietly. He still didn't look at me. I gently went to take his face in my hands, but he jerked his chin away and looked in the other direction. "Leo, what's wrong?" he scoffed and I glared at the back of his head. "Leo," he still ignored me.

"Now you care," I heard him mutter. I furrowed my eyebrows and crawled to sit in front of him, ignoring the way he turned even farther away.

"What do you mean?" I demanded, looking straight at him. He looked over at me and huffed, crossing his arms over his chest.

"I wake up to find you and my brother on the other side of the room, taking about love? No one was there for me," at this, I let out a sharp laugh and stood up.

"Really? Who do you think was the one that put you in the bathtub? Who do you think made sure your wounds were stable and stayed with you until you woke up? Raph and I did. So what, we were talking when you decided to wake up? Because we'd been beside you for two weeks, looking at your bruised face and hoping for you to wake up. Raph and I were talking about love because he needed something to look forward to, since you waking up and being a jerk did nothing to help him feel better. We were there for you, Leo, and you didn't care," I went to walk away, but was stopped by a hand grabbing my wrist. I looked back to see Leo staring at the ground, avoiding my gaze. Suddenly, I was tugged into his arms, and he wrapped his arms around me, holding me down.

"I'm sorry-" I tried to sit up, but was pulled back down.

"Leo, what-"

"I love you and I'm sorry. I was just worried Raph had feelings for you and that if you had any for me, they would've gone by the time I woke up, and I just didn't want you to leave me. I was in the dark for two weeks, and all I heard was your voice, telling me to wake up and that you loved me. So I did. I came back for you. Please, don't leave me alone again," with tears dripping down my face, I turned and buried my face in Leo's chest, sobbing quietly.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I had no idea. I love you, I'm so sorry," suddenly, my chin was lifted and my lips were locked with Leo's as he held me closer.

"(Y/n), it's okay. As long as you forgive me, I'm okay. I love you, don't forget that," he told me seriously, pecking my nose. Smiling up at him, I did the same.

"I love you, too," our small moment was interrupted by the barn doors being burst open and a blur of orange and green sprinting towards us.

"Mikey, no!" Raph screamed, running out after him. It was too late, as the blur leapt into the air and landed on Leo and I. I quickly sat up and tried to make sure Leo was okay, and he was, laughing while Mikey scrambled to take my place in his lap.

"You're okay, you're awake!" he screeched, hugging his brother as close as he physically could.

"Yes, Mikey. I'm fine. I'm okay," he rocked back and forth with his little brother as Raph made his way to us. Leaning down, he embraced his brother as Leo hugged him back as best he could with Mikey holding both his arms.

A few minutes went by as April and Donnie made their way out of the house, joining in on the group hug that was our family.

"I love you, guys," Leo said, looking at everyone.

"We love you, too," we answered back, happily. Then, he looked at me.

I love you, he mouthed. I rolled my eyes and grinned.

I love you, too.