🌸

soojin shifted uncomfortably in her seat. the cushion of the couch was firm and tough, much to her dismay, but nothing was worse than not sharing it with yeh shuhua.

she believed that shuhua had the power to make any uncomfortable situation overwhelmingly comforting.

soojin hated to admit it and would never even think to verbalize it, but she had missed the girl a lot. especially their couch cuddles, they never got old.

she missed the girl's cute smile when she allowed her to lie on her lap, and the way she toyed with soojin's hair absentmindedly while watching a drama.

ever since shuhua went on a road trip with miyeon and minnie, soojin's surprisingly large jealousy flame roared like a wildfire for the course of the week.

soojin would've gone, for shuhua of course, but she already planned a week to herself to visit her family.

unfortunately, shuhua's doe-eyed plead for soojin to go with them didn't work. she simply shook her head and looked away from shuhua's enticing stare. soojin swallowed the ball of guilt in her throat.

"sorry shu, i have plans."

she prioritized her family first.

shuhua nodded with the best apologetic smile she could pull off and followed miyeon in the car. miyeon clung on her back like a koala and smirked.

"miyeon, soojin is watching. she'll get jealous." shuhua teased miyeon, feigning annoyance.

miyeon scoffed and rolled her eyes jokingly. she pecked shuhua's cheek and sat back on her seat. shuhua faked a gag at the affection, hoping soojin saw.

shuhua poked her head out of the rolled-down car window. "soo-"

of course, soojin did not see nor hear shuhua.

seo soojin left quickly after she saw miyeon.

not sure why it made her so moody, soojin played a game on her phone to ease her mind.

meanwhile in the car, shuhua laid her head back and closed her eyes. sleeping isn't apart of the agenda, and miyeon and minnie's loud asses made sure of it.

maybe it's because she's known them for so long, but she's able to drown them out.

'soyeon and soojin are so good at this.'

shuhua wondered if this is how she sounds to them.

'i feel bad for them...' she chuckled lightly to herself. shuhua fell into a light slumber.

——————

now that comeback season is over, the girls got to pick a week off to do whatever their hearts desired. soyeon and yuqi stayed at home together and binged movies, minnie, miyeon, and shuhua went on a road trip to visit as much places as possible, and soojin stayed with her family.

soojin twiddled her fingers and meddled with her hair. the boredom was excruciating. she decided to get up and cook for her family.

cooking always took her mind off of things.

soojin hummed a song while taking out ingredients and utensils. soon after she was in the cooking zone, she forgot all about shuhua. maybe it's a good thing. closure can be good, even it wasn't on purpose. she ate a bit of the shrimp she was cooking and smiled in relief. for the next couple hours, the sounds of frying oil lulled her and the negativity that was corroding her mind. if she could do this forever, she would.