☁️

a few thought provoking days later;

soojin, yuqi, and soyeon waited intenly for the others to arrive. they stood patiently inside of a local restaurant to have a group dinner with all the members.

yuqi and soyeon were squabbling about something... as always, and soojin was lost in thought. her eyes grew heavy purple bags from the loss of sleep she didn't acquire over the course of the week.

the other members had asked her if everything was okay and she'd nod every time. they stopped proceeding.

a perky car honk could be heard from the outside. soyeon, yuqi, and soojin simultaneously raised their heads up at the recognizable liveliness.

the car window rolled down, it was miyeon waving.

the three waiting had rushed to the car eagerly to greet the other members. soojin kept her poise and calm exterior as intact as possible... but with shuhua's visibly wide grin shining out the car window, it was tough.

miyeon attempted to parallel park next to the restaurant, and did a sufficient enough job according to shuhua's whining.

"miyeon it's okay, just leave it~ i wanna see soojin...!"

minnie laughed.

the second that miyeon turned the car off, shuhua busted out of the door and hurdled herself at a certain 5'5" korean girl.

"JJIN-JJIN!" shuhua shouted dramatically, making the curves of soojin's lips curl into a warm smile.

soojin let shuhua give her a tight hug. for once, soojin actually hugged back, even though there were people around.

shuhua clung onto the older girl while entering the restaurant, she had always been clingy with soojin. (soojin never seemed to mind.)

the girls all sat down at their reserved table area and started a conversation. they were eager to talk with one another and share experiences.

for the majority of the time soojin spent at the restaurant, she did not talk as much as she usually would.

she really wanted to talk with her members and enjoy the evening, but she was just so emotionally exhausted. the few words she exchanged were when she was ordering or talking briefly to shuhua.

minnie and miyeon were whispering to each other a lot during the course of the meal, most likely trying to decipher soojin's standoffish behavior or yuqi's loud slurping. maybe both.

once the six girls finished their dinners, they paid and left. they got into the car designated for them and left to go back to the dorms. with miyeon driving: yuqi and minnie slept on soyeon's shoulder, and shuhua slept on soojin's lap.

it was a quiet ride home.

----------------------

once they got back to their dorms, the first thing soojin did was take off her makeup and change into different clothes. while pulling down an oversized night tee, she heard a soft knock on her bedroom door.

knowing who it was immediately by the knock and letting out a small scoff, soojin opened the door to a cheeky shuhua.

soojin crossed her arms and let her in. she couldn't escape this.

shuhua always slept in soojin's bed with any chance she got. it annoyed the hell out of soojin because she'd like privacy sometimes, but something in her enjoyed it at the same time.

the younger giddly cheered and pranced her way to the bed, flopping onto it.

soojin giggled and made her way to sit on the bed. she examined her, noticing how much she must like her in order to want to sleep in her bed any chance she could get.

soojin never had a friend that cared this much about her.

shuhua swallowed harshly, noticing the older's heavy gaze. she tucked herself under the blankets. "jin-ah, how was it like?" she paused, searching for the words in soojin's native language. "spending all those days without me~" shuhua teased, pouting her lips.

soojin wanted to laugh, or feign disgust, but all she could think about was how her insides felt like they were being twisted into a pretzel.

or how fast her heart was beating.

soojin's eyes averted the younger's, finding a nice place to stare at the carpet.

shuhua frowned and got closer. she took soojin into a tight hug and rested her head on the latter's shoulder. "everything alright?"

soojin held the younger tighter and shook her head. her eyes welled up with dry tears, she had barely any left. the purple bags around her eyes now mixing with a new shade of red. soojin's lips and nose also started getting rosy. she looked like a mess... and it was shuhua's fault.

after quietly sobbing on shuhua's shirt for a few minutes, soojin could finally bring herself to talk. sniffling still, she let go of her gently and interlocked shuhua's hand with hers.

"i really need to tell you something..."

a/n thank you guys for all the reads and votes ilu <3

who's ur gidle bias? mines soojin, however i love them all to death...