Chapter 25: The Battle of The Smithsonian [Part 2]

Chapter 25: The Battle of the Smithsonian [Part 2]

• 𓎬 ☼ 𓋹⋅☾𓂀 ☽⋅𓋹 ☼ 𓎬 •

Warning: This chapter involves scenes of extreme violence and some mentions of blood and swearing.

Bold Italics: Ancient Egyptian

• 𓎬 ☼ 𓋹⋅☾𓂀 ☽⋅𓋹 ☼ 𓎬 •

Rowena XXIII

2009 - Washington D.C

As soon as the horn blew and the backup ran ahead straight into the fray, Rowena acted in a flash.

She flung her head back, hitting his nose as it let out a crack. Yelling in pain, he stumbled backwards, sending the khopesh off her neck - allowing her to be free. She ducked before the edge of the blade caught her skin and ran away. She needed to find the key to unlock the handcuffs. If there was one. Rowena knew these types of things were meant to be painful for their prisoners and was not going through hell having to break her hands for this.

Fighting began as she ran across the large room and scrambled up the gold pile. 'Key, key...this looking for a needle in a haystack,' She exasperated, trying to search for a silver key.

While she continued looking, looking around every other second for anyone to take her out. She knew that the wax dickwad did not have the key, having searched Khafre's body or any indication of a key shape hidden in his clothing. Therefore, the key should just be amongst the pile (if there is one).

Khafre. The Khafre. One of the kings of the 4th Dynasty she has researched and invested her work on. And no one had expected that this was what he actually appeared to be.

There are too many thoughts running in her head that she forgot what she had been doing. 'Key first, then questions later,' She said to herself. If they make it alive after tonight.

The thought made her snap back into reality and she darted her eyes at the sound of a familiar capuchin. Right on the other side of the golden pile was Dexter and another capuchin, wearing an astronaut suit. She hobbled to the other side with a grin plastered on her face.

"Dexter!" Rowena exclaimed in relief. The capuchin cooed at her before reaching his hand out. Dangling on his small finger was a silver key which seemed to be the right size. Her grin widened as she shook her head in disbelief. Out of everyone in the room, she should have expected Dexter to be heroic for once.

She turned around and knelt, giving the capuchin access to her arms. The other capuchin who stood in front tilted their head to the side, giving her a curious gaze. Rowena studied the capuchin and spotted the nametag printed on the front right of the suit. "Oh hello, Able?"

That earned a sound of approval.

"Able then."

As she felt the lock click, the torture contraptions fell off her wrists and she sighed in gratitude. Her arms were aching, but it did not match the pain from her wrists. There were marks embedded into her skin, alongside a deep cut in the sides. It was not going to look nice in the morning, so Rowena bared down her teeth. Stretching her hands a bit to let it loose, she stood and looked down at the two saviours.

"Thank you so much you two." She then looked at Dexter specifically. "And perhaps I'll forgive you for taking the Tablet, mon ami." At that response, the two capuchins ran over into the fight - hopefully keeping each other safe.