Chapter 6: Runnin' and runnin' and runnin'

(This Head I Hold- Electric Guest) PLAYING OVER THIS CHAPTER
(Song For Me- Greer) PLAYING OVER THIS CHAPTER
(I Don't Know You- The Marias) PLAYING OVER THIS CHAPTER
(MF Gloom- Strawberry Milk Cult) PLAYING OVER THIS CHAPTER

I had just finished sitting in a chair for thirty minutes, having my neck pulled at by my trainer, Ben. 

"Ready for some more!" Ben chirped.

"Wouldn't you like to know, weather-boy." I grumbled into the yoga mat that I had been laying on like a corpse. As energetic as I was, people always assumed I was fine with working out. They are severely mistaken. Ben knew how to torture me slowly, and that was what was happening today. 

"Okay! Would you rather bike or run?" Ben asked, giving me a rare choice.

"RUN!!" I exclaimed. Running and abs were arguably the only two things on Ben's regimen that I liked to do. I also rather liked it because Ben hated it so much, seeing as he had to come. Was it evil of me to put him through that? Possibly. But it made me run faster whenever I saw his expression. 

"Treadmill?" Ben asked hopefully, so he could just stand there and give me tips. 

"No thanks! The paddock looks nice and cool today." I said smirking out the window. 

"Fine." Ben breathed out. 

"Thanks Ben!" I said, skipping out the Mercedes doors. 

"Yeah, yeah, just try to stay in range so your Fitbit can connect to mine and give me your numbers." 

"Sounds good!" I said before putting my hair up and taking off around the paddock. 

"LEO! JUST STAY IN-" 

"Range, I know!" I said running around the corner. I filled with so much serotonin from Ben's unhappiness that I was sprinting down the paddock. A wild grin on my face. I waved to a flummoxed Lewis, walking by, as I darted around the people joyfully. People were giving me wide berth as I sprinted through the crowds. And I could faintly hear Ben yelling at people behind me to give me space, and that I couldn't talk or give pictures right now. 

"Hey Maxie!" I said, scaring the wits out of Max as I darted past his garage, seeing him leaning over his car. 

"Oh hey Leo! Take it easy on whomever you're with!" Max ended with a yell, seeing as I was already far away. Mumbling, "Thank goodness it's not me." Before watching me dash away with an amused expression.

No one was racing right now, so I was allowed to run on the circuit, and learn the track a little better. Silently rehearsing how to take each section. I hit the grid, running around the white markers. Looking up at the grand stands. 

The first lap was relatively uneventful, I waved at Danny when I came upon him and his team walking the track. I wasn't quite sure why they were doing a track walk, most of the more experienced drivers; like Max, never did anymore. I had skipped around a corner, waiting for Ben to catch up a little more. It was a bit pitiful how far back he was. It also filled me with insurmountable joy to see him being the one suffering, finally. I didn't hate Ben, don't confuse my feelings with hate. I would just call it finally tasting your own medicine. But, I finally got tired of waiting and took off running again, eager to be finished. 

I passed the lap line, ready to do another lap when I saw Georgie running in my direction. "Oh hey Georgie! Did you come to join me?" I said cocking my head while jogging slowly, so he could catch up. 

"Yes actually." George said with a wince, I raised an eyebrow. "My team thought I should start running, and they wanted me to join you." He said, gulping. "Also I lost a bet with the rest of the speedy lads."