Chapter 7: Soaked and Somber

(Amarillo- J Balvin) PLAYING OVER THIS CHAPTER
(incognito- CODY JON) PLAYING OVER THIS CHAPTER
(love me like that- Gavin Hudner) PLAYING OVER THIS CHAPTER
(distance- Ruel) PLAYING OVER THIS CHAPTER

I was leaning over the small break in fence, trackside to the circuit of the Chinese GP. The rain was drizzling down in abundance, but I was unbothered as I looked out at the foggy track. 

Hearing sloshing foot-steps behind me, I turned my head to see Lando joining me at the fence. 

"You're a little far from home." I commented with a smile, flicking my eyes back to the torrents of water streaming down the slick asphalt. 

"Pfft." Lando responded with a huff, crossing his arms as he leaned down next to me. "Why are you out in the rain?" He asked after a moment, shivering lightly at my side from where we were squeezed to fit. "Both free practices for the day are cancelled if you didn't know." He added, and I felt his eyes on me as he turned his head. 

"Really? I didn't have a clue..." I responded with a snort. "Of course I know our free practices are cancelled, you melon!" I said laughing as I turned away from the wall pushing him lightly away. 

"Then what were you doing?" Lando added, laughing as we started walking side by side down pit lane. 

"Nosey, nosey." I tutted playfully. "Why do you care anyway? Trying to get some better racing tactics?" I asked, smirking at him. 

Lando rolled his eyes before bumping me with his shoulder. "Nooo. Just wanted to ask if you were thinking about me." He responded with a cocky grin. 

"Ok Mr. Ego. Now I'm definitely thinking about you and those itty bitty muscles." I teased. Remembering Lando ranting to me a couple of weeks ago about how he would blow George out of the water if he decided to post shirtless pics on insta too. 

"Hey!" Lando exclaimed. "They aren't small! They are massive!" He growled, whipping his arm in front of my face to flex. 

I pushed his arm down, laughing as I responded; "Whatever helps you sleep at night, milk man. I thought you were supposed to be on your SIM anyway?" I added, furrowing my brows. 

"I couldn't focus when I could see you outside through the window, it was distracting!" Lando protested, running his hands absentmindedly through his damp hair, as it attempted to curl itself. "Rain is depressing, so I wanted to make sure you were okay." He said in a smaller voice, looking at his feet as his cheeks turned slightly pink. 

"Sorry you feel that way about the rain, but I love it." I said with a small laugh, noticing Lando shivering a little again. "Why aren't you wearing a coat, you chilly silly boy?" I exclaimed throwing an arm around his shoulders to pull him closer. 

Lando leaned into me, his wet hair sticking to my cheeks. "I didn't think I needed one." He mumbled, resting his head on my shoulder and sighing. 

"No think, brain empty." I mocked, flicking his head lightly with my other hand. Lando giggled, burrowing his head more into the crook of my neck, and slithering his arms around my waist in an attempt to steal more of my body heat. 

I spotted him looking wistfully out at the stands, where all of our faces were projected. "Who would have ever thought we would make it here, huh?" I said mildly, following his gaze. 

"Me, because we are awesome!" Lando sang out, laughing again. "I'm just amazed that we are friends now." Lando added, smiling shyly again. 

"Oh? Do tell." I prompted, resting my head on his. 

"Well... you were always just so shy, I didn't think anyone would ever crack through that wall. But now look! I had no idea what I was missing all those years!" Lando chirped, hugging me tighter as we smiled.