Chapter 7

Jihyo's PoV

'Let's just forget it, it's just a silly word that didn't get delivered well'

I don't know if I should be in relief or feel hurt because of that. I'm happy that we are fine and maybe slowly getting back to how we used to but then those words...

I thought she meant it.

"You stupid, you hurt her and expect she'll still feel the same way?" I huffed as I threw myself to my couch and stared at the ceiling.

I just got back in my apartment after Y/N and I had a short time in the building and another short talk at the coffee shop. I must admit, I miss talking to her. I miss being just beside her. I miss hearing her laugh even if the ones she had a while ago don't sound like the ones she had before. I don't know what seems to be the problem. But she said it's not because of what happened to us before.

I trust her tho. Probably the accident that happened to her and her best friend brought a lot to her. Especially since she knows that her best friend is the one being blamed for something she did. Chaeyoung said before that Y/N begged her to take back what she said to Ashley's parents. But sadly it's too late. Ashley's parents agreed too, and they were the ones who offered too.

It's good that even Ashley's parents know that Y/N is Ashley's longest and closest friend. She wouldn't like to know that her best friend lost her dream just because of one mistake.

People can be rough sometimes. What Y/N did might bring her to the edge of her career and just one flick, she'll fall.

I understand Chaeyoung, she's trying to protect her sister. And I understand Y/N too, she loves her best friend, and blaming her for something she didn't do is wrong. But it's not like Y/N crashed the car on purpose either.

I just hope she doesn't blame herself.

I opened my phone to scroll through my social when I saw some fan accounts sharing pictures of me and Y/N at the coffee shop. It started from one account until some people shared it too.

They do like seeing us together huh?

Over the past few months, I spent my time doing my schedule like pictorials and stuff. But if I have time, I watch some videos that I never thought I would enjoy.

Call it funny but I watch Y/N and I clips that I came across on the internet. It is the one where fans compiled, all of our interactions excluding the girls. When we are laughing together, clingy at each other, and whispering through each other's ears about the girls mostly Chaeyoung or Momo, like stupid mean girls.

It's funny how we went to those to almost nothing... And I hate myself for that. If I know that she only means it as that and nothing more, maybe I should just thank her that she adores me or something instead of saying I don't like her... when I know I do.

"We'd be a good couple... only if you're not your sister's sister." I chuckled bitterly as I looked at her picture.

The more I stared at her the more I realized how pretty she was. I know that she's pretty but I just get to realize it more since I get to see her face. Before, I was always distracted by her eyes. They shine so brightly which is why I had my attention on it as always.

I touched my neck and held the necklace that I was wearing.

I wonder if she noticed it. I always wear it actually since she gave it to me. I only hid it under my shirt because I didn't want anyone to look at it. Because it does look good. Y/N has a good taste that she bought it for me. Well, kinda coz we bought it together.

It's so beautiful to be hidden...

I sat up and walked to my kitchen to get something to eat while I scrolled through my phone and still looked at the fans' posts. They even made us a ship name, knowing Y/N, she's not aware of this as all she does is read books if she goes to the internet that just some time, and mostly to interact with the fans only.

"Cute." I giggled as I liked one post and scrolled for another.

As I got some food and walked back to the living room, my phone vibrated and Sana's contact showed up.

I frowned as I remembered that she had a schedule that day. What seems to be the reason why she called me?

"Hey," I said as I answered the call.

["Hey, just hey?"]

"What am I supposed to say? Are you done with your schedule, why are you calling me in the middle of it?" I asked lightly laughing as I rolled my eyes.

["Oh you're in a good mood huh?"]

I frown even more as I sense her voice. I can tell she's smiling but it's not the kind of smile that I like. It's like she's trying to point out something.

"What do you want? I'm having a great time here." I joked.

Well, I like talking to the girls but I prefer talking to them personally not on the phone. But it's something we need to deal with sometimes, especially since we don't live in one dorm anymore.

"Did you have lunch already? It's almost lunch." I said.

["Not yet, but I came to call you because I saw you were with Y/N. I saw it on the internet."]

Oh, well why didn't I think she called for that?

["Are you two good already?"]

I drank the can of beer in my hand and hummed as a response.

"We went to the building because pd-nim announced something. A project for the both of us." I said.

["Oh. Why we didn't know?"]

"He just said it this morning. But you'll know the other details soon at Y/N and Chaeyoung's party as soon as they finish moving." I said

["Ohm you know about that?"] She said again hitting on something.

"She invited us, duh. And please, Chaeyoung already talked to all of you. Sana, Y/N, and I talked and she said we can forget the past already. It's not like she means it overly, she just admires me as a leader." I said even trying to hide the bitterness as I repeated her words.

["You believed her?"]

"Of course... Do you think Y/N will lie? This is better so less awkwardness. We are heading back again plus this project that pd-nim announced needs to be done without any personal issues."

["Yeah, yeah, yeah, whatever. Well, I guess you're right. I'll see you in the party then."]

"Yup, good luck on your schedule, have a good day."

After that call, I sighed. I put my phone on the table and opened my TV to watch and entertain myself. But honestly, I can't wait for the small party at Y/N and Chaeyoung's apartment. I wanna see her again and talk to her if I have a chance. After all, Earning the courage to talk to her after a long time isn't easy. Today wasn't an easy day.