It wasn't even light yet but the stench of alcohol slapped me. I felt hands around my neck. Choking, strangling, I tried pry them off. I started to see spots dancing in front of my eyes until suddenly it all stopped.
With a snore, Erin fell into my bed, asleep. I got up and sat in the chair. There was no way I could go back to bed again.

Impromptu thinking time.
I need a lock for my door. Urgently
I also need money which isn't sugar daddy money.

I'm getting a job.

X
I was meeting with Nick the sunshine man for tutoring today. I wasn't too happy but I'd have to suck it up. I made my way through the library till I noticed him and his hand that was waving quickly to get my attention.

A smile followed as soon as I sat down
"well hey there Lacey. Had a good day?"
I shrugged and started to get out my books. "can we start?" he nodded.
" wait. Is that.... A sticker of albus Dumbledore on your book?"
I looked at it, it was an old sticker on an old book.
"You're a Harry Potter fan?"
I asked.
A slow smile spreads across his face as he shoves the textbooks to the side.
Well this can't be good..

X

Finally the weekend came crawling around. I managed to keep myself safe and without blemish. Nick and I met three more times as the first meeting turned into a long Harry Potter themed discussion.

I was getting a job today.
I spent the week looking for vacancies and prior to popular belief, I wasn't a stuck up princess who didn't want to get her hands dirty. I was just quiet-ish with a crazy mind, rich with sugar daddy money and best friends with a dramatic and misunderstood Queen Bee.

Simple.

I didn't care what work I'd have to do. Maybe if I saved enough, I could even move out early. Gosh knows Erin would be happy to get me out of her way.
Luckily for me I got a waitress job.

The employer was a nice lady, sounded very motherly and all that.
She called me dearie and everything and asked me to come back to the place later to check it out.

I got out of my car and looked at the place
"SWEET AND SPICY MAYHEM"

Well that's an interesting name.
There were a few tables and chairs outside with purple and orange striped table cloth. I opened the door and smiled. I didn't expect purple and orange to look so good together. Bean bags in the corner, two video game setups. This was pretty cool, I'd like it here

I felt a tap on my back and I turned. This must be Mrs. Keene the nice owner. The two hugs she gave me proved it as well.
. She showed me the ropes a bit and told me what I'd have to do.
"oh and you'll be working with this young man over here"
We had reached the front again. This time someone was there wiping the counter.. Wearing a blue plaid shirt.

It was Joey Ridge. He looked at me with a straight face then continued cleaning. My heart made a strange lurch in my chest and I looked away
" isn't he handsome?" Mrs. Keene giggled shamelessly . He was, with his dimples and brown eyes he was but if course I didn't say anything.