Brentwood pt. 1

Cesar P.O.V

Alright, what am I wearing tonight? Hard decisions huh... I guess i'm going to stick with being a greek god. I grabbed a sheet putting my halloween outfit together before I would be heading out to go trick-or-treating with the group. I walked out slowly with my phone about to leave until I seen Oscar open the door to Alaia.

"What are you doing here? I thought I was clear with what I said"Oscar says having me sigh.

"I didn't know if you were taking Melani out to go trick or treating and I also didn't know if you got her a costume...so I bought one for her in case you were taking her"She says to my brother having me turn to see Melani peeking out the bedroom door.

"I-I'll take her with me. C'mon Spooky...It's Halloween... let her have some fun"I say to my brother.

I could tell he didn't like me siding with Alaia but who cares. I took the costume that Alaia brought and take it into the room to melani.

Melani P.O.V

I seen Uncle Cesar coming my way and run immediately to the bed acting like I was never there watching them having a conversation. I watched him come in and smiled to the costume in his hand knowing it was for me.

"I can go trick-or-treating with you?"I asked him smiling widely.

"Yea, but only if you stay close to me and listen to everything I say so you don't get lost and so that I can bring you back to papa in one piece"He says to me having me nod.

He handed me the costume and open the package really fast before putting the costume on with help from uncle Cesar.

"I'm a fairy"I giggled looking in the mirror.

"Yes

"Yes...you're a beautiful fairy"He says to me kneeling down to my level having me smile.

"and you're a very cool bed sheet"I giggle to him.

"I'm not a bed- never mind"He says shaking his head and I walked with him Ruby house.

~Ruby House~

I run inside giggling looking for Ruby and smiled when I find him.

"Look Ruby! I'm a fairy!"I say giggling to him.

He ignored me and paid attention to Uncle Cesar walking in.

"Shut-In!"Uncle Cesar yelled walking in and closed the door. I frowned and looked to Monse before climbing on the couch to sit next to her.

"Don't worry about Ruby... Boys are stupid"She tells me before trying to fix my hair up from Uncle Cesar leaving strands of hair out of the bun.

"What! I thought you were with Oscar!" Ruby yelled to Uncle Cesar.

"Good to see you too." Uncle Cesar answered back.

"No it's fine...it's just that-- take a seat, any seat but the love seat."Ruby says pushing my uncle from him trying to sit next to him. " And don't block my scented candle."

"How do I look?"I heard and turn to look with everyone else.

"*gasp*She dresses like daddy girlfriends!"I screamed about Olivia before feeling Monse hand cover my mouth.

"Well how many girlfriends do your daddy have?"Monse asked and I giggled about to answer but uncle Cesar spoke before me.

"Don't let her answer that. And they're not girlfriends... he just hangs out with some females from the gang"He says and I giggled again before speaking up when Monse moved her hand from my mouth.

"Daddy is for the streets....and so is she"I giggled pointing to Olivia.

"Melani! That's enough!"uncle Cesar yell to me having me frown.

"So.... when are we going out?"Olivia asked before getting cut off by Ruby.

"Never. Trick-Or-Treating in Freeridge is a no-go."Ruby says to Olivia.

"I mean we could go to Brentwood.... plus we got spooky daughter, ain't nobody rolling up on us"Jamal says out of no where.

"Jamal shut up. I'll be brief. In 2012, prophets rolled up on us. Glocks to our heads and snatched our bags. In 2013 we were kissing pavement all night. Caught in a drive-by. That night, we lost our candy and perhaps our innocence."Ruby explained to Olivia.

"Uncle Cesar... can I get juice please?"I asked him resting my head on his arm softly.

"Thank you Melaní for the save"he says having me look up seeing that he was talking to Monse sarcastically.

"Uh no. We need to talk. We'll get your juice later, Melaní"Monse says having me pout watching them get up to talk in the hall way.

"Jamal!"I called out.

"I got you baby spooky. I'll get that apple juice for you"Jamal says to me having me giggle.