Episode 1

I'm dreaming of a girl walking into the circus. Not just any circus Haley's Circus it's where Dick's parents died. My stepmom took my half-brother and I to it a long time ago.

Girl: Hello? Hello?

Lights flash on and the announcer speaks.

Announcer: Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls! The flying Grayson's.

Dick's parents are about to do the act when the rope snaps and they fall to their death. I wake up, I decide to leave my trailer and call my father, but get voicemail.

Me: Hey... dad. I was wondering how you're doing. Is Evan being good.

The day passes and I go to a new club.

Bouncer: You're not on the list.

I punch him, his clipboard and pen fly into the air. I catch both and write: "Fuck You" on the paper. I drop the board on top of him.

Me: Now I am.

I walk inside, get drunk and go home with two girls. My trailer rocks from the movement. I go to sleep after the girls leave.

Again I have the same dream but I confront the girl.

In Rachel's house she wakes up screaming and her mom goes into her room.

Melissa: Rachel.

Rachel: The circus again, watching his parents fall and a boy with white hair. I was so scared so scared. Help me.

Melissa: It was just a dream. Just breath like we practiced. Okay?

The do breathing together.

Melissa: Everything's going to be okay. Sweetie you need to get a little more rest.

Melissa lays Rachel down and kneels next to her.

Rachel: Everything is going to be okay?

Melissa gets up and walks to the door.

Rachel: Mom? (Melissa turns around) Keep the door locked.

Melissa closes the door and locks it. A crucifix falls and breaks.

In Detroit, Michigan.

Dick became a detective. He reads reports and goes to work.

Amy: Detective Grayson? Amy Rohrbach, transfer from Oakland, I'm your new partner.

Dick: Right, The Captain mentioned.

Amy: It's a pleasure.

Dick: I read your file. You seem to know what you're doing. You keep doing your thing, I'll keep doing my thing. We'll be good.

He walks away.

Wolf: Don't take it personally.

Amy: I need a breath mint or something?

Wolf: He's been pushing off getting a partner since he got here a month ago. Some shit about his last one or something.

Female Officer: He's from Gotham. Likes to work alone.

Amy: Gotham? Jesus. What happened to his last partner?

Wolf: Gassed by the Joker. Who knows?

The officer chuckles.

My trailer outside Detroit.

I wake up and notice I've got work. I travel to an abandoned church and Resistance appears on my back.

Some lesser demons see me and I dash at them I chop limbs off then in half. I pound on the doors a big guy answers and sees that the lessers are dead.

He speaks in some demonic language and grows.