Chapter I - Life on Earth

JANUARY 21, 2041
Unknown Regions

Life sucks, isn't it? Yeah. It's been three years since that lunatic from America arrived here to give out his pamphlets about this space program he and his group of rocket enthusiasts are working on. Apparently, he succeeded.

What I'm tempered with is that this guy walked past me. I don't wanna even start, but I'll start anyway. I asked about the program, but he walked right past me. And don't say that he didn't see me. I saw him saw me. What a douche.

By the way, my name's Theo San Roque, and welcome to Earth.

Ahh 2040... the golden age of technology. Ever since that coronavirus thing that happened 20 years ago, the people wanted peace. Well... here it is. A world full of open borders, a world with no fights, a utopia!

Who knew that becoming so addicted to technology will make everything change their minds about this and that... This is just balls in a vice.

I know, but the fact that all six of us, BEING EJECTED OUT INTO SPACE WITH NOTHING BUT ENOUGH FOOD AND ARMOURY...

It says a lot about how our mission could possibly be the worst campaign in all mankind's history.

First year out of university and this is what the world gives us... the irony.

By the way, I haven't introduced you yet to the main storyline, so...

Let's track this back from the beginning.

•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•

JANUARY 30, 2040 7:00 PM
Metro Manila, Philippines

The year was 2040. Earth was evolving at a rapid pace because of the rise of a new era for technology, with the Philippines as the spearhead. This country became known as the largest producer of scientists and inventors no one ever had, thanks to the miraculous economic boom. With their regime having no tight grips on its rise to fame, it seems the Philippines is not going to stop.

On the largest island cluster, Luzon, lies the capital, Manila, where Theo just finished his study, finally earning a Master's Degree in Engineering.

As he stepped out of the building to go home from the ceremony that took place there, he was met by his colleague, Frederick Astra, who also got his own degree.

"Hey! Congratulations, man!"

"You too, Fred. Seriously, you don't have to wiggle my hair everytime we see each other! It's hard to wax this!"

"Come on, don't be so stubborn quickly! You need to celebrate, dude!"

"Nah man... I think I'll pass for that one. I need to pack my things and head back to my hometown. Besides, there are a lot of opportunities there than in this city."

"The heck do you mean? This is LITERALLY the capital!"

"I know, but no... I just miss the fresh air of sleeping in the afternoon. You wanna take the bullet train with me?"