Chapter II - Recruitment

"Let me get this straight... you want us to be a part of your mission?"

"Yes... as a matter of fact, I do want to recruit you for this one. Since you have an immense memory, I expect no more or no less from you."

"And what if I turn it down? You are forcing us, but I am gonna say no."

"Fine. If I said that it involves paying you a lot of money. We might even send you out into space for expedition..."

Dr. Atanaki said, as he slowly sat at his table, scrubbing the dust off of it with his two fingers.

"You do not want a job in the province... I'm telling you this, now. I've been there."

Theo and Fredrick whispered into each other for their joint decision.

"What shall we do?"

"I don't know, Theo. You're the one who got recruited."

"Why are you taking this on me? You're here as well!"

"Uh... Mr. San Roque. You're the centre piece."

They both turned their heads toward Dr. Atanaki with stubborn faces and crossed arms.

"I'll take the job, but I'm taking my buddy here with me."

"WHAT!?"

"Oh you're here as well, Fred! Get over it!"

Dr. Atanaki smiled for the both of them. Theo's genius mind will be of use to his mission.

"Excellent! Now, you're a part of this Laboratory, and I expect to give it your all. Theo... since you just completed your Master's Degree, I'm assigning you as the head of the Engineering Department, until this mission has been fully conceived."

"What mission? You haven't even stated about one thing about it!"

[Can't believe Theo and I gonna be working for this lunatic who almost got us killed.]

Dr. Atanaki then slumped back at his chair and gave himself a cigarette.

"You'll know about it. I'm very certain of it. For now... do your job. I will call you if I have some assignments only for you two."

Theo and Fredrick turned their backs on Dr. Atanaki and left his office, feeling worried about what their up to in the future.

"Theo... I have a bad feeling that this mission is gonna be something bad for the both of us."

"Yeah, me too... I'm startled by the fact that he knows that I'm planning to come back to my home, and the fact that I have a really large mind."

"Okay... hold it RIGHT THERE."

"What? He said large mind, am I right?"

"Yeah... stop right there."

Fredrick walked back to his room, leaving Theo who is confused by his motives.

[HIATUS] The Phantom's Orderजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें