Chapter VI - Light-Years Ahead

May 7, 2040 6:43 PM
Metro Manila, Philippines

They finally returned to the laboratory, doing talks between Dr. Atanaki and the helmet inventors, August Patel and Alicia Windsor. The doctor offered them a chance to test out their helmets at space, as the two inventors asked for the reward that they will get. He also offered a large amount of money, even larger than that of the funding that the two received from their university.

August tried to turn down the big cash offer because it was too much for him to take. Alicia kept insisting otherwise.

"Whoa, I think that's enough!"

"Goodness gracious, what do you mean!?"

"The money's not gonna help me anyway!"

"It's gonna help us both in further research! You told me that if we have enough cash, we'd be able to build our own lab just for the two of us! Come on, man! Just take it! Besides, we are struggling. Remember, you also told me that... you're almost in the brink of collapse..."

August tried to give in to her desire, but his guilt kept resisting. In the end, he accepted the offer.

Dr. Atanaki then went outside and told everyone that the training will commence tomorrow, while the rest of his engineers and scientists will start working and testing on their new spaceship.

Theo then turned off his lights because he was listening to the doctor's voice from his room. He then slept because it's been a rough week for him - going all over the world just for the recruitment.

Fred didn't much care for what the doctor said. It's still going to be a tiresome day ahead of him anyway. He had enough sleep during the flight, so he instead pulled out his headphone and watched anime all through the night.

Marsha listened very carefully to the message from the doctor himself. When he was done, she looked at the picture of his siblings and gave it a smooch. She then went straight to her dreams.

Allegra just slept.

Dr. Atanaki offered the two inventors a room to rest. Afterwards, they shook hands with the doctor and turned each other's backs as they went into their room.

"Do you think we should trust him, Aug?"

"Yeah I think we should. Besides, if a lab this big would give you a refuge and a bonus, I myself would take that."

"You said you can't take the money!"

"I know... but you forced me, so I really have nothing else to do. To be honest, Dr. Atanaki looks so handsome."

They both quickly laughed and shook their heads when they were sorting their beds to prepare for their sleep. Afterwards, the laboratory turned peacefully silent, as if there was no people.

"This is it. My mission is going straightforward. I am now filled with perseverance and hope for the future of this world. I perforce this mission to be the best one yet. I am the pioneer and the visionary. I am Dr. Giacomo Atanaki, the founder of Sinag Laboratories who will bring henceforth the future that we've all been waiting for! May the Lord help me."