✿ 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

THE POGUES WERE back in the van, having met back up at the deserted road when the boys got away from the salvage yard without getting in trouble, thanks to JJ

"stealing drones makes you hungry." kie said, pulling ivy out of her trance.

ivy didn't take notice all day, but once kie said something about food, her stomach rumbled and ivy groaned.

"oh, my god. i wasn't even hungry until you said something." she whined, holding her stomach.

"what i would do to a beer and shrimp and grits right now." JJ agreed, dreamily.

"it would not be pretty." pope said, shutting the van door after everyone got out.

the bell above the restaurant door chimed, signaling their entrance at the wreck. kie walked up to her father, cheerily.

"hi, dad." kie greeted him, smiling.

"hey." mr. c said, looking up at his daughter.

"how'd we do?" kiara asked him, leaning on the counter.

"didn't turn it over once." mr. c sighed, hugging his daughter, the sight made ivy smile softly.

"it's probably just bad luck, because of the storm." kie stated.

"yeah, i'll be sure to tell the banks that." kie's dad sighed.

ivy couldn't hear the rest of the conversation as JJ had pulled her with him & the boys to find a table to sit at.

"i can walk by myself, you know. you don't have to hold my hand." ivy told him, laughing.

"you don't like me holding your hand?" JJ mocked offense, wiping under his eyes for fake tears.

"i didn't say that." ivy said, standing closer to him.

"so.. you like me holding your hand?" he smirked, squeezing her hand.

"didn't say that either. come on." ivy giggled, pulling JJ over to pope & john b who were standing by vacant tables.

"so hungry." john b groaned.

ivy saw kiara look over to them, her dad not looking so excited. so, ivy waved at them, smiling, making kie chuckled softly. the boys following ivy's actions.

"sit down." kiara smiled in triumph, the boys and ivy letting out sighs of relief.

"that's my girl!" ivy cheered, pulling kie into a hug.

"oh, yes!" JJ laughed.

after ivy got done eating, kiara pulled her out of her seat & starting dancing with her. the girls pointed to john b, motioning him to come dance with them. ivy smiled at JJ, beginning to walk over to him.