❀ 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

"TANNYHILL?" KIARA asked in disbelief

"TANNYHILL?" KIARA asked in disbelief. ivy shook her head with a smile, it's been here this whole time.

"yeah. so, after that, he used his money to free even more slaves, and then he sold a shit-ton of rice, which pisses off all the white planters, and then they decide to lynch him." john b explained, looking to his friends to see their reactions. "so on the day they were coming to get him, he writes a letter to his son as a farewell, and in the last line of that letter, he leaves a coded message about where to find the gold."

"where?" kie whispers with a smile.

"harvest the wheat in parcel nine, near the water. except... there's no wheat. you see, wheat is a code for gold. check this out." john b walks over to pope who is holding the letter in his hands and points to the decoded message. "the gold is in parcel nine, near the water."

"holy shit." ivy laughs, looking up at jj to see that his reaction was the same, he kisses her forehead and points her head back in the direction of john b who begins to talk again.

"all we need is an original survey map of the property, and we've found the gold." john b smiles triumphantly.

"okay, so this might have a small chance of actually being true." pope said.

"dude, it's like king tut." kiara says in excitement holding out her hand for ivy to take, which she does and the girls start to dance on each other.

"i am a genius. hey, whoa!" john b groaned as jj picked him up in a hug. "hello! fire! you're near the fire. you're gonna burn."

"i'm so proud of you right now." jj said making ivy giggle.

"y'all gonna kiss now or what?" she faked a dreamy look on her face.

"shut up, ivy. thank you. that's really sweet of you." john b cupped jj's cheeks before walking over to pope.

jj walked back to ivy who was now sitting on kiara's lap.

"you switched up quick, huh?" jj scoffed, holding his hand out for ivy to take to which she slapped it away.

"she's better than you anyways, ain't that right, future wife?" ivy looked to kie who smiled and kissed ivy on the cheek.

"i'll always be better than men, baby."

"weirdos, i swear." jj shook his head and walked away from the girls, making them laugh.

"okay, so, guys. what's the plan?" pope asked, and the group collectively nodded.

"good question." john b stated. "so, sarah cameron's coming tonight. she's gonna bring an original survey map—" john b got cut off by both kie and ivy.

"hold on." they said in sync.

"sarah? wh-why sarah?" kie asked, ivy could tell she was mad.

"um..." john b trailed off, making ivy shake her head in disapproval.