Chapter 16: Blissfully ignorant

AN from MaiMia: One word. Dense. *facepalms self* I cringe too much at fluff ww Still not used to writing this much fluff

AN from Mikoto: No AN from Mikoto this time ww

Enjoy reading~

Shima frowned as Sakata continued to guide him through the forest because he was still blindfolded.

Was Senra upset about something just now? From what he could hear, Senra wasn't very talkative.

Was it about the ransom? Maybe he shouldn't ask if he could loan some money from the blonde if his family is not able to pay.

Sakata noticed how silent the older male was as he decided to speak up first.

"Is something wrong, Shima-san? Ah, do you want your blindfold taken off?" the younger male asked but he pulled it off before the older male answered.

"Hm?" The purple-haired male blinked as the blindfold got abruptly pulled off him. "I was just thinking. No need to worry about it."

"Well, if you say so... Ah! Look, we've arrived!" Sakata exclaimed when he spotted the familiar cottage in the forest.

"I'm sure Mai and Mikoto would be happy to see us," Shima hummed as they approached the cottage. "Even though we only came here yesterday."

"Yeah! But for me it will be the last time to see them," Sakata said as he laughed sheepishly before he walked to the door to open it for the older male.

"If you visit here in the far future, maybe you can drop it and say hi," Shima suggested as he walked into the cottage. "Mai? Mikoto? We're here!"

As soon as he said that, two ghosts floated towards them.

"Ah, you're back again! Hi, hi~" the younger ghost chirped as she waved at them.

"Shima~" Mai chirped as she twirled in front of him. "We met someone new today!"

"Oh?" Shima smiled warmly at the excited ghost. "Who?"

"Sakata brought him! His name is Urata!" Mai giggled softly.

"You didn't tell me you came here just now with Urata-san," Shima said with a soft chuckle as he looked at Sakata.

"I thought that he might want to meet them and those two wanted to have more friends so I brought him! But then they had to scare him so the first impression wasn't the best," Sakata said as he laughed sheepishly.

"But his reaction was funny!" Mai defended. "Right Miko?"

"No, I felt bad for him," Mikoto said even though she did agree with Mai in her mind.

"No scaring people if you want to be their friends!" Sakata scolded them.

"B-But..." Mai pouted as she crossed her arm.

"Sakata's right," Shima said with a laugh. "You shouldn't scare people if you want to be friends!"

"Fineeee..." Mai stuck her tongue out childishly. "But Mai will scare away people who she doesn't like!"

"Mhm! Cause some people are scary and Mikoto doesn't like scary people," the other ghost said.

"Also, no doing weird things like shoving people inside a closet even when you have become their friends," Sakata warned them.

"Eh? What about a closet?" Shima tilted his head in confusion. "What did they do?"

"Nothing~" Mai hummed. "It's not like Mai and Miko wanted to help Urata and Sakata get together because they seemed like an old married couple!"