Chapter 19: And I quote...

AN from MaiMia: I've officially killed Miko by accident ww to be fair she nearly killed me first ww

((Additional AN: Mai put this in Wattpad and forgot to hit publish so it's been sitting in drafts for no reason whatsoever for 2 days www someone save my dead brain))

AN from Mikoto: I've been killed by Mai-san

Enjoy reading~

It was quiet and the blond male was slightly nervous. 

Not because of the brunet who was walking next to him. For some reason, he slowly got used to Amatsuki and didn't feel that scared of the said brunette anymore.

He didn't even know why he was feeling nervous. He guessed it was because wondering about what was going to happen after all of this.

"You okay?" Amatsuki asked worriedly as he noticed the novelist's nervous expression. "Do you want me to take your blindfold off?"

He had grown quite fond of the blonde novelist since their last talk yesterday, and he was rather concerned for the novelist's wellbeing.

"Eh? I-I'm fine, Shiro-san. I wouldn't want you to get into trouble for taking my blindfold off," the younger male assured the brunet.

"Don't lie to me, Sou," Amatsuki frowned as he reached behind the blonde's head and untied the blindfold. "And don't worry about me getting in trouble, I already took off your blindfold off yesterday too, remember?"

"I-I mean yes... but I still wanted to make sure..." Sou said as he blinked a few times to get adjusted to the light.

"Really don't worry about it," Amatsuki assured with a warm smile. "Now, what's on your mind? I'm all ears."

Seeing that, gave the novelist enough courage to speak up as he felt bad if he wouldn't answer despite the brunet being worried.

"I-I'm sorry if I worried you... I was just thinking of what will happen in the future and things like that..." Sou answered as he gave the older male a small smile.

"I see," Amatsuki hummed softly. "Don't worry, you will be released after we received the ransom. And then, you can just continue with your normal lives, nothing too fancy."

"That's not what I meant...." the blond male thought as he sighed inwardly.

"Y-you're right. I won't worry too much then," Sou said as he gave the older male a soft smile.

Amatsuki ruffled the blonde's hair a little before tilting his head slightly.

"Something is still on your mind," he pointed out. "Was my answer not satisfactory?"

Sou made some confused noises when he suddenly felt the brunet's hand on his hair but smiled happily nevertheless.

"A-Ah, no that's not it! It was!" Sou exclaimed after he heard the brunet ask him that. He couldn't just ask the older male about it, it would be insensitive to do so.

Amatsuki chuckled softly before turning to the front to make sure they were still going the right way.

"Then? Why do you still look so worried?" the brunette asked, concerned lacing his tone.

"W-well..." Sou trailed off and he looked away before taking a deep breath and decided to just say it.

"Because of you?" the younger male answered before he realized that that might sound rude. "A-ah, but not in a way where you did something that is your fault!"