Chapter 4 :

𝗗𝗲𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗽𝗮𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗴 𝗴𝗶𝗿𝗹'𝘀 𝗳𝗮𝗰𝗲 𝗮𝘀 𝘀𝗵𝗲 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝗰𝗸𝗲𝗱 𝗼𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗯𝗼𝘆'𝘀 𝗱𝗼𝗼𝗿...

Weekends came rather fast for Suna, hearing once again the cheerful and giddy voice of his girlfriend calling his name from the other side of the door. Reluctantly, the boy dragged himself to open up and get greeted by a wide smile on the girl's face.

"I bought snacks. Am I bothering you?" Michiru asked, showing off the plastic bag filled with food, although even without asking she knew that she was indeed troubling him. "I bought jelly sticks..?" She added, seeing a slight glint from the boy's eyes. Finally. She thought, missing the sight of his boyfriend getting overly excited. All she's seen is his empty eyes, looking at everything and everyone with disinterest.

But then, the little sparkle in his eyes quickly returned to his lifeless ones. Suna opened the door wider to give her access, "Come on in" he offered.

Michiru quickly accepted and slipped inside his house, waiting for him to take the lead inside. Rintarou noticed how she hesitated to walk beside him, he noticed how she purposely slowed down and walked behind. "Rin" Michiru called out as soon as they reached the living room.

Rintarou just hummed as he slumped on the couch, fishing out his phone and started scrolling, not bothering to offer Michiru a seat. Well, it's not as if he purposely didn't, Rintarou was just used to her just sitting down next to him without further ado. "Can I sit next to you?" the girl asked.

Suna had his brow furrowed, "Why are you even asking?"

Michiru chuckled softly, "We're back to being friends right? I'm not your girlfriend anymore so it's only natural that I would ask, Rin" she explained, although she herself doesn't really believe that they've broken up, Michiru still had that hopeless thought that a little push is all Suna needs before he goes back to his usual self.

Michiru wasn't joking when she said she'll win him back. "So can I?" the girl asked again, earning a nod from the boy. Gleefully, Michiru settled down the seat beside Suna and reached out for the remote control on the coffee table. "Want to watch a movie?"

The boy kept scrolling on his phone, "Do what you want Michiru" he answered, using again her full name instead of just Michi which he always called her.

With a small smile, Michiru tried hiding the clenching pain in her heart. Judging from how he was acting now, winning him back would be a lot harder than what Michiru thought. It's like they're back to the time when they were just strangers.

"Rin, want some?" the girl offered a fruit jelly stick.

Suna's eyes quickly lit up and he snatched the stick away from her hand, biting the top off to eat it. "Did you buy a lot?" the boy asked as he munched happily.

Michiru couldn't help but chuckle at the expression he was wearing right now, "Yes. All for you. Shall we watch?" the female asked.

Rintarou nodded and scooted closer to her, to the bag filled with jelly fruit stick laying between the two of them. "Sure" he replied.

With a big smile plastered on Michiru's face, she played an action and suspense movie. The two watched intently as Rintarou continued grabbing a few sticks of his favorite from the bag.

Coincidentally, Michiru's hand fell on his. The girl glanced at the boy's side profile, seeing him focused on the movie. Gathering up her courage, she intertwined her fingers with his.

However, before she could even feel glad about it, Rintarou shook her hand away and took another fruit stick. Pain painted Michiru's eyes as tears slowly began falling, he's pushing her away. And it hurts more than she could ever imagine.

The movie ended rather fast, most of it left unknown to Michiru. "Ne Rin" she called out again, earning another uninterested hum from the boy. "Do you still love me?"

"I don't know"

Michiru knew she should at least be glad that he was being honest. But her heart clenching did nothing but suffocate her. "I should go. Thank you for your time" she excused herself and quickly dashed out of his house.

Tears rolled down her cheeks once again, crying for the same old reason as yesterday. Soon enough, she found herself bumping into someone as she turned around the corner.

"Michi? Shit, why are you crying?" a certain blonde panicked seeing the tear-stained face of the girl. "Is it Suna again? That damn bastard doesn't know better than to hurt you" Atsumu urged to go and teach her boyfriend a lesson, only to get stopped by a pair of arms snaking around his waist.

"Please let me stay like this for a while 'Tsumu" she croaked, tired from all the crying she's done for weeks.

Atsumu felt himself weaken in the knees. He clenched his fist and wrapped the girl in his arms. "I'm here Michi" was all he could say as he stroked the girl's back to comfort her.

This was it. Atsumu had all the reason to steal her away.

e n d o f c h a p t e r