Chapter 8

𝗛𝗲 𝗮𝗹𝘄𝗮𝘆𝘀 𝗳𝗲𝗹𝘁 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗲𝘅𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗻𝗰𝗲 𝗶𝗻 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗹𝗱 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗮𝗻𝘆 𝗼𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿. 𝗧𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗵𝗲𝗿, 𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗷𝘂𝘀𝘁 𝗮 𝗳𝗿𝗶𝗲𝗻𝗱 𝗹𝗮𝗯𝗲𝗹𝗲𝗱 𝗮𝘀 𝗮 𝗯𝗼𝘆𝗳𝗿𝗶𝗲𝗻𝗱...

Rintarou started realizing this fact when they were celebrating their 1st year as a couple. That was the first time Michiru held his hands and even intertwined her fingers with his. Even someone often expressionless couldn't hide the fact that he was the happiest in the world.

However, there was a time that he came across her room one time and saw her slowly intertwining her fingers with Atsumu. The special feeling he felt slowly burned into nothing. That wasn't something she's done to him and him only. Holding hands wasn't anything to fawn about for Michiru.

Rintarou's convinced himself that it was no big deal. That it was nothing to be angry about. But as the years went by, he felt less and less special to Michiru. Seeing how she treated every one of her friends the way she treated him, was a huge blow to his face as her boyfriend.

If he was nothing more than a mere friend to her, might as well take off his label as her boyfriend too. At the very least, he wouldn't pity himself.

Practice ended around 7 pm and everyone went on their separate ways. After plugging his earphones and blasting music, Rintarou slowly walked down the same path he took to Inarizaki. Looking up from time to time, only to see a clouded sky. He walked pass the convenience store Michiru worked and was supposed to ignore everything.

But seeing Atsumu's tall figure, towering Michiru as he slung his jacket over her shoulder had Rintarou's heart aching. Tsk. As if this day couldn't get any worse. He cursed under his breath and walked ahead.

After hurrying home, Rintarou threw his bag on the floor and took off everything except his shorts before slumping on his bed. His mind wandered to the sight of Atsumu and Michiru earlier.

"Already has someone new, huh? Guess I'm really that easy to replace" He mumbled to himself, covering his half-naked body with a comforter. Michiru's scent filled his nose, realizing that the one he always used belong to her. Instead of getting a new one, Rintarou clenched on it tighter and fell asleep.

The next days weren't easy for Rintarou. No matter what he do, he'll always find himself looking for Michiru. Longing for her presence that he once pushed away. And it didn't help seeing Atsumu together with her at school everyday.

Atsumu always held Michiru's hands, but for some reason, Suna would always find the female shaking out of the blonde's grasp. Confusing him even more. Didn't she not mind doing that with anyone? Why is she hesitating now?

He was slowly getting impatient. Suna found his heart aching even more seeing her so distant. Not even hearing her voice say his name pained him greatly. Rintarou cursed himself for lying to her the other day.

Suna loved her. So much. But he wasn't sure that she loved him as much. That's why he decided that it was better for them to separate.

And that was a shit choice for him.

He was no better without her.

And he was such an asshole for hurting her so much.

I have to get her back before it's too late. It was like a truck of realization hit him hard as he sprinted out of his apartment and ran over to Michiru's part time job. It was exactly the end of the girl's shift, and luckily she was already outside walking the opposite direction.

With Atsumu.

Rintarou panted as he ran with all his might to keep up with them. Gathering all of his courage he called out, "Michi"

The female stiffened, hearing the voice she missed so much call her name. She wanted to run back to his arms but she knew better than to push herself onto him again. Michiru pulled a stiff expression and turned around. "Suna-san" she called him. Her eyes widened seeing quite a complex expression on his face. Why is he looking so apologetic now? She almost softened up seeing his face.

Rintarou clenched his fist feeling uneasy hearing her call him by his surname instead of what she usually call him. "Can we talk?"

Before Michiru could even talk, Atsumu  pulled her behind him and answered for her. "You have nothing to talk about, Suna."

"And what gives you the right to decide for her?" Rintarou snapped, brows furrowed, clearly angry about him getting in their way.

"I never made her cry. You're more of an asshole than I am" Atsumu spat out, "Let's go Michi" he pulled her with him, leaving Rintarou dejected and frozen on his tracks.

Michiru couldn't help but look back. "Rin, why are you being like this now?"

e n d  o f  c h a p t e r