Chapter 7

𝗛𝗲 𝘄𝗮𝘀𝗻'𝘁 𝗶𝗻 𝗮𝗻𝘆 𝗽𝗼𝘀𝗶𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝘁𝗼 𝗿𝗲𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗶𝘀𝗰𝗲 𝗯𝘂𝘁 𝗵𝗲 𝗰𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱𝗻'𝘁 𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗽 𝗵𝗶𝗺𝘀𝗲𝗹𝗳 𝗳𝗿𝗼𝗺 𝗱𝗼𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘀𝗼...

Now that he's alone, the memories each part of this street flooded his mind. From the left side of the street, Suna glanced at the convenience store Michiru worked during weekends.

He could remember her face smiling as she  pinched his cheeks, "I'll drop by the gym if my shift finishes early!" She beamed, her eyelids curling upward as if smiling too.

Suna stopped for a while and wanted to go in, just to check if she's already at work. But he quickly restrained himself. He had no obligations to the girl anymore. He wasn't expected to check up on her everyday. He was just nobody but a schoolmate to her now. And that's exactly what he wanted.

The boy continued jogging until he reached the gym. All the other members were busy setting up the whole court, "Mornin'"he greeted and went inside the gymnasium.

The other members gave him cheery reply, "Mornin!" All except Atsumu and Kita who was glaring daggers at him. I'm guessing they already knew. He didn't mean to hide it but for some reason it made him all the more scared to tell them.

Michiru had always been the team's cheering squad. She alone would be enough to lift the team's spirt. Whenever Atsumu will serve, she would stay quiet yes but she would wave a flag of Atsumu's cut out face. When Suna himself scores, she was the one leading the cheering section as they yelled his name.

Everybody loved her, as if she was their own sister. And he, being the jerk he is, hurt Michiru.

And speaking of the girl, Michiru showed up wearing a vibrant blue tshirt and white skirt reaching down to her knees. The heavy atmosphere inside the whole gymnasium lifted up when she smiled, "Ohayou gozaimasu!" She yelled, her voice echoing through the whole place.

A smile plastered on their faces as everyone walked up to her small figure. She was like a little bright light that all of them adored. "Ya know that your voice is too loud right, Mi-chan?" her cousin, Shinsuke, walked closer to her.

The twins followed after, "For all I know, you did it on purpose Michi" Osamu commented.

"Your body's so small but your voice is so loud I almost went deaf" Atsumu added,  ruffling the girl's hair.

Ojiro joined them and pinched Michiru's nose, "Kita-san's clone, ya have too much energy" he says, pertaining to how much the resemblance between the two cousins are.

Michiru giggled, "You're all too energetic too Aran-san. By the way, I stopped by to give these all to you" the female put forth separate plastic bags filled with each member's favorite food. The others thanked her with all of their heart and chatted with Michiru for a bit.

It was hard for Suna not to glance at them, but it was harder for Michiru not to look at her beloved. Soon enough, it was time for the girl to go back to her part time job. Coincidentally, Rintarou decided to practice his serves.

His eyes wandered at Michiru's figure, she was smiling and laughing next to Atsumu who had his hands on top of her head. Like he used to. The same time Suna threw the ball in the air, Atsumu's hand started caressing the female's cheek.

Again, like he used to.

Suna spiked the ball harder than he imagined, the loud sound of the ball hitting outside the court, had everyone's head turning to him. His grayish yellow eyes met with Michiru's, and Suna would be lying if he said that he didn't feel somewhat relieved.

He bowed slightly, "Sorry" Suna mumbled before breaking their eye contact and walking over to the ball cart.

He was no longer her boyfriend. He shouldn't be feeling this conflicted seeing another man do things he used to do to her. That's when Rintarou remembered the main reason he slowly grew tired of their relationship.

e n d  o f  c h a p t e r

Notes :

I'll be publishing the whole story today.

I did my best writing everything yesterday.

Stay tuned.

- yzzabella