Chapter One

~ Art by kiminkii (pinterest) ~

"Mum what is magic?"

She turns her head facing the curious young boy. "Where did you hear about magic Georgie?"

The young boy looks at the floor "My friends were talking about it and how theres an old folks tale on it and I wanted to know."

She smiles softly "come sit with me and I'll tell you the story."

His face lights up and follows the woman to the seating area. "Now, don't tell you father I told you this."

"Why?" He says sadly like he was going to tell the world.

"He.. He has very different views on the story. But let's just get into the story yeah?"

The boy smiles widely and listens close.

"Our kingdom wasn't always dull and boring as it is now. It used to be blessed with beautiful magic and light. Osleya was well known for it's magic it possessed. We had very talented and strong villagers.

But one day things changed. We suspect a boy by the name of 'Dream' had powers no one could think of. He was a very bright boy but not kind. He possessed a magic quite dark and one day set a spell on the kingdom that lead to a huge storm.

The storm destroyed most of the kingdom and wounded many people. Apparently him and his friends ran away but no one really knows. Its been 100 years and no one has found a trace of them.

King Edward, who is your great grandfather, banned all magic from being learnt or used for the safety of his people and his king-"

"Do you have magic?" He boy asks, interrupting the story.

"I'm not sure. We are unsure of you get it when you are born or if it's something you learn.

Now dont be going around telling your friends this story."

"Do you want Dream and his friends to come back?" I question

"I definitely want to know more about them but I don't think it would be good for the kingdom if he did"

"What if someone with bad magic like Dream comes and hurts me or the kingdom again?" George asks in fear.

She laughs "Why would they want to get you? Here-" She takes off her neckless "-this will protect you. If you feel like you are ever in danger hold this close to your heart."

"What does it do?" He asks confused while his mother puts the necklace around his neck.

"It will make you feel safe. Whenever you hold it I'll be there to hug you. Even if you cant see me I'll be there for you Georgie." She replies hugging him.

"Now I know you George, please don't go searching up about magic and if you ever do meet Dream.. Be careful for me. I dont want anything happening to you. If you do ever meet him though then hit him to get some common sense into him"

I giggle "I promise mum"

That was 8 years ago. I'm 16 now.

Since then mother passed away from cancer. She was a strong fighter but it was stronger than her. I have never taken off that neckless she has given me.

Now it's just me and Dad. He is so bossy and makes me do all these classes so I will be the next king. But I dont want to be.

If I have to be trapped in this castle all day on a throne doing nothing I'm good thanks.

I sigh and slam my journal shut. Apparently every prince needs a journal to write their past and present down but I say its dumb.

I sneak out the house to find Zak and Dave. Them two losers said we were gonna play truth or date but we all know its gonna end up with them two making out what's disgusting.

"Psst!"

"PSST"

"PSSSSSSSSSSSST"

"I can hear you, you know that right?" I say to Zak who keeps yelling 'psst' trying to be secretive but since he is being really loud it isnt working out for him.

We all sit behind a tree taking turns asking each other truth or dare.

"I pick dare" I say to Zak confidently

He looks at Dave and smiles like they both know what's gonna happen what makes me worried.

"I dare you to go into the forbidden part of the library!"

Oh god. No one goes there. Apparently its haunted and if you dare enter you will be cursed for the rest of your life.

"Jeez.. idk Zak no one enters that place"

"Dont be such a pussy! Look me and Dave will both do it with you if you want"

Dave looks at Zak "what wat-"

"Deal!" I say.