Chapter 6

"He did what?!" Mark exclaimed out which was not very usual for him. He's usually the one who likes to process his reactions a little.

I sighed. "I know. What the hell?"

"So what are you going to do?"

"Run back to my ex who dumped me without a prior notice, just because he texted me that we needed to talk almost 3 weeks after he dumped me." I flashed my teeth in a 'not-so-giddy' manner.

"What does he need to talk about now?" Mark was trying to stay calm, but he was trying too hard. He was angry deep down, I could sense it.

"I won't know if I don't talk to him, Mark." I exhaled. "I never got closure, you know. And if I don't talk to him now, for the rest of my life I'll keep thinking what the hell I did so wrong for him to do this."

Mark took my hand. "Okay then. You go and get your answers and if he pulls anything weird, call me so I can beat his ass up." Ever the gentleman.

The concern in his voice touched me. But it also hurt. Knowing that I can't ever return his feelings.

"Beat him up?" I cracked up. "With these spaghetti arms of yours?"

"Don't underestimate these spaghettis, they can do a lot of damage." He flexed his bicep and I laughed out loud.

"Alright, spaghetti man. I have to go now, I'll catch you in English lit?" I collected my bag from off the table and stood up.

"Wait, when are you gonna meet him?"

"After all my classes are done, in this bar we used to go to." I chuckled. "Ironic, isn't it? Cause the first time we met it was in a bar, now we're gonna end things in one."

A sad smile covered his face. "I'm sorry, Jess. I wish you didn't have to go through this."

"I'm only 21, Mark. This is just the first of many more boyfriend dramas to come. Catch you later." I winked at him and started walking towards my class.

That must have hurt him a lot, but that's the best I can do. Help him move on from me. That was also a big, fat lie but he didn't need to know that now.

************************************

"Hey there, you cheery old fellow." I chirped to the man standing in front of my car in the parking area.

Dean has been assigned as my bodyguard ever since the day of my wedding. But for avoiding any attention, I insisted that he waits in the parking lot for me.

"Mrs Byun, we need to go now." He said with the straightest face humanly possible to make.

"Hey!" I hushed. "Would you stop with the Mrs Byun thing, People can hear you!"

He completely ignored my complaint, as always, and opened the car door for me. Even though I drive every time, he just can't not open the car door. I guess he wanted to make himself useful.

"I need to go somewhere first, Dean." I said while starting the car. "Is that okay with you?"

He just nodded. How nice.

5 minutes later, I pulled up in front of that bar where we were supposed to meet.

"You can wait in the car. I won't be long, I'm just meeting a friend. Would you like something to drink?"

"No thanks, Mrs Byun."

"MY NAME IS J -" I stopped myself and took a deep breath.

"He probably has orders to call me that,"  I thought to myself. So, I let it go. Baekhyun and I needed to have a chat about this.

With hesitant steps, I entered the bar. And inhaled a sharp intake of breath. It took me one second to spot him.

He sat there on a bar stool, a glass of bourbon in front of him. He looked a little spaced out but beautiful nonetheless.

His hair neatly styled, his perfect white skin highlighted because of the black turtleneck he wore. He was sitting there, crisp as always. But his aura was... different.

"Jun." I called him out softly and he turned to look back.

A little pang of hurt hit me as soon as I met his eyes. He met my gaze head on, not an ounce of guilt or sadness in his brown eyes.

"Would you like a Drink, Jessica?"

Maybe a part of me was just waiting for him to call me 'princess' like he always did, because when he didn't, it hurt. It genuinely hurt.

"No thanks." I cleared my throat.

"Why am I here?" His name almost slipped out but I bit my tongue.

"You got married." He leisurely said that while turning his bar stool to face me.

I fucking freezed in my spot. He wasn't supposed to know that.

Obviously, he found this whole situation amusing for whatever reasons. He chuckled at my shocked state. He chuckled.

"I see. You weren't planning on telling me that, were you? But princess, I already know everything about you." He smiled at me.

This whole thing suddenly made me feel very uncomfortable. I had trouble recognizing the man sitting in front of me. What made him change so much?

"What do you want, Jun?" I tried to keep my voice as normal as possible.

"What I wanted was to ask your father for your hand in marriage. Sometime in the near future." What?

"But, the fact that your father's a stubborn ass made me rearrange my plans a little." He took a sip from his drink.

"And about your wedding day, by the way...." 

"Your bastard of a husband had it coming and he knew it. So, killing my men..." he shook his head and clicked his tongue. "Bad idea."

"Who killed who?! Jun, I have no idea what you're talking about!" I raised my voice from frustration. 

"I would love to explain, love. But I have 3 more minutes with you....give or take." He checked his watch. At that moment, my phone started ringing in my pocket but I couldn't care less about it.

"I know I told you to keep our relationship a secret...but if you had just told your father, maybe this wouldn't have happened." He voiced, somehow making me responsible for whatever it is he was talking about.

Meanwhile, my phone kept ringing.

"So it's my fault now? It's my fault that you chickened out of our relationship?!" I spat with disbelief in my voice. "Whatever was bothering you, we could have talked about it and solved it, Jun."

"You can't solve shit to save your life, Jess." He let out a mock laugh. "And you and I have got bigger things to worry about right now."

"I'm sorry you had to get mixed in this matter but it was about time." He clenched his jaw. "I'll see you around, Jess." Then he jumped down from the bar stool and walked out through the back door of the bar.

The second Junmyeon disappeared, Baekhyun burst in through the entrance with a deadly expression on his face. He walked up straight to me and grabbed my arm.

"What the hell, Jessica! Why won't you pick up your phone??" He sassed, his eyes still scanning the bar.

"I was just talking to-" I tried to reply with just as much sass in my voice but he cut me off.

"Well that's enough talking for today, Kim Junmyeon is supposed to be somewhere close, you're not safe here. Let's go." He grabbed my forearm and pulled me to walk after him.

That is when, ladies and gentlemen, the world around me started spinning quite frankly. The ground beneath my feet swayed and in that split second, I could barely connect the dots.

Who is Kim Junmyeon really?

*************************************