Chapter 7

"Hey there, miss." He had walked up to her and stood close, just barely invading her personal space. "I've been watching you for a while now..."

"Oh god, here it comes." She had said to herself, rolling her eyes.

"And you are so gorgeous that I just forgot my pick up line." He had smirked and she rolled her eyes again.

"Cheesy." She flirted,"Only, I don't like cheese."

"I don't like cheese too. Maybe we're soulmates." His smirk only grew wider. She could only chuckle in reply this time.

"So tell me...Why's a beautiful girl like you sitting alone in a bar, wearing a red dress? Do you have any idea of the danger you can cause?"

"Well, I'm 19 today and my best friend thought it was best to celebrate it in a bar....until she left to hook up with some guy." She scoffed and took a sip from her margarita bitterly.

"Good for you then, cause I can keep you company." He had said in the most non bothered way possible, as if he kept all the lonely girls sitting at the bar company.

"Oh, pardon my manners, I'm Junmyeon." He had offered his hand for a handshake.

"Jessica." She smiled while shaking it.

"So, Junmyeon. What do you do? Except for being cheesy, that is."

He had laughed out loud, flashing his pearly white teeth. "I own bars. As in this bar." He shrugged.

"Wow, that's....grand." she had replied, not knowing that that was only the start of the many lies she'll be told.

Something about his presence seemed so reassuring to her. So much that even in that loud, sweaty and sketchy bar, the usually guarded and introvert Jessica talked to him for hours. Their lives, their jobs, their interests; they talked about anything that made sense and anything that didn't.

"It's late," he had said at one point, glancing at his wrist watch. "Your dorm is pretty far away."

"God, I forgot the time." She gasped when she saw half the people already left.

"So did I." He had chuckled, finding her expression cute.

"Mia must have left already, I need to call an Uber." She had screeched while frantically going through her purse to find her phone.

"I can give you a lift, if that's okay..." He cautiously said, trying not to throw her off.

"Don't you need to stay here to close down or something?" She stopped and looked up.

The innocence in her voice clicked something in him because he stopped breathing for moment. Realising for the nth time that evening, just how mesmerising he found her. She pulled him in like moths drawn to fire. He got addicted on how her eyes crinkled when she laughed, how she smacked her lips every time she was thinking of words to say or how her eyes spoke a different language. It gave him hope; that maybe, just maybe he would get to be who he is with someone by his side.

"If that's what you're worried about, princess, then I'm relieved you don't see me as some weirdo." He had smirked, making her flustered.

"You don't have to, I could just-"

"It would be my pleasure, really." He had smiled at her genuinely, which he seemed to do a lot that evening. Despite his being a stranger, she could feel herself getting addicted to that smile.

"I'll see you around, Jess." His smile had slowly faded away, his blond hair turned to black and the look in his eyes. The warm and lovesick look was replaced by a cold scowl.