37: Gone

Someday when you leave meThese memories will follow you around

These memories will follow you around

-wildest dreams,
Taylor Swift

The room was dark, two silhouettes looming in the gray. The stiff air was tightly shut in the cramped place, a mist of dread wafting around even in the palpable and thick atmosphere.

Not a single space was there to let out a breath, a drop of the needle could be heard in the agonizing silence.

Then I saw something shine in the dark, a dagger.

The dagger swished around, cutting through the thick air.

Cutting through the other silhouette, the other man.

Shownu.

A gunshot was fired, piercing the silence in a loud shrill that shoot through my body but I wasn't the one injured. It was the other man who fell on the floor.

Dark and red liquid splattered fast, juxtaposed with the pitch black of the room and pooling around my feet. The other colors around started to become visible, coming out of their shells.

Close to me, Shownu and Ryujoon laid, dead. It was the room in the clan club. And only I survived, watching it happen with horror in my eyes, agonizing pain in my chest.

Then I woke up from the recurrent nightmare.

Sweat trickled down my throat, my nightgown sickly stuck to my trembling body. Gripping on the soft material of my bed I tried to breathe. Only, if this nightmare wasn't entirely true. Only if it was all just a mirage, an illusion in my head.

It wasn't, I was living in a nightmare myself.

Quickly I scrambled for my phone over to the desk beside my bed, checking to see if there were any missed calls, anything. Nothing.

Nothing for two weeks.

Yet it felt like an eternity.

The boys had cut off any means of communication with me. Their numbers were out of reach, the clan club- was out of reach. As if it did not exist in the first place. As if the months I had spent there, finding friends, family, and myself was only a fever dream.

Choked up sobs left my mouth for the pent up sorrows I had buried deep in my heart. It was hard to restrain it all throughout the day so my mom wouldn't see how much I was breaking apart, and the cries I'd let out at night would be muffled and silent in pain. Only I knew how much I was going through. Yet I only cared for the boys.

I only wanted to know if they were okay. Because God knew what had happened to Shownu, or any of them.

Bringing my knees closer to my chest I stared at the screen of my phone that was lying by my side in the bed. Kihyun's contact name on it, nothing else.