Chapter Three

"Jesus, my head is killing me." Mina whined as I was bent over the toilet throwing up the alcohol from the night before. "I do not want to hear it." I hissed as she held my hair back and rubbed my back. "I know but still." She sighed as I flushed the toilet and stood up, feeling somewhat better. "We need to go to work, even if we feel like shit. So come on." I offered my hand and helped her up.

After eating breakfast, drinking water, and taking an Advil, we took off to work. "So you genuinely have no idea who that guy was?" Mina asked me, our arms linked together.

"What are you talking about?" I questioned, looking into her yellow eyes.

"O-M-G! You don't remember?? Girl! You barely had anything to drink!" My pink haired friend laughed. "You are such a lightweight! You had two shots and a margarita!" She continued to laugh until we got to my store and opened up. "What did I do?" My voice wavered with nerves as I put my newest designs on the mannequins and noticed Mina smirked from across the store. "You really want to know?" She skipped over to me as I leaned against a counter.

"Just tell me or you're fired."

"You had a very intimate dance with a very good looking guy." She giggled as my jaw dropped. "I did WHAT!?"

"The Way I Are started playing and this guy came up behind you and y'all were going at. it." Mina snapped her fingers with her words. "What did I do...."

"You guys literally wouldn't stop dancing. I wouldn't have stopped you if you went home with him." My face burned red when Mina winked at me. "God, I hope I never see that guy again. We are never going clubbing again."

"That's what you think." The pink haired girl giggled and went back to work.

~~~~~

It was 5:37pm and it was slow today. It made me beyond happy that we didn't have many customers so I could manage to get over this hangover. "Hey Mina!" I called out.

"Yeah?" She responsed.

"You're on break! If I give you some cash will you grab coffee for everyone?"

I heard all of my employees sigh with relief, even if it was slow, the silence drained their energy. "No problem, I got it." The pink haired girl smiled as she walked up to me and took the $30 for coffee.

After she left, I cleaned up around my register. I picked up some hangers, receipts people didn't want. 

"God, this day won't go any faster." I groaned as I walked to the back to work on paying bills as Momo took over my register for me, Face by Brockhampton playing through the speakers. As I paid the electric, wifi, and air conditioning, I couldn't help but try to remember what had happened the previous night before. 'I really need to build up my alcohol tolerance.' I thought to myself as I continued to pay the bills.

"Hey Boss!" Mina said as she peaked into the office. "Hey girly! What's up?" "Oh, nothing! I got your coffee! Strawberry Creme Frappuccino from Starbucks! Your favorite." My heart swelled. 'She remembered my favorite drink from Starbucks.' "Thank you so much." I smiled and took my drink from her, taking a sip from it and sighing in delight, hearing Homage by Mild High Club playing through the entirety of the store.

"Okay, now let's get back to work." I say as I get back to work and Mina shuts the door behind her.

As I sipped my drink, I tried remember what happened the previous night before.

"So, The Way I Are was playing and I threw it back on someone...but who?" I unconsciously began talking to myself as I worked and drank my frappuccino.

Forcing myself to work relentlessly, I hadn't noticed the hours fly by.

"Damn, 8:30pm?" I muttered as I headed up front. "Hey guys, let's close up early tonight. You all can head home now and I'll handle closing up." The uproar of excitement startled me as my employees gratefully thanked me and headed home.

I began to count all the drawers.

"20...30...40..." I droned on. "70...83,85,87." I wrote down the amount on a piece of paper and took it to the back, putting it in the vault and going back out to count the other two drawers.

After making sure the money was secure, I took the clothes off display for tomorrow's new clothes, picked up any and all trash visible on the ground, if there was any. I folded some clothes and set them in the back room, then proceeded to head back to the sowing room.

"Okay..." I began looking through all types of fabrics I had displayed on the wall. "I need Rayon, Crêpe, Silk, and Velvet." Standing on my tippy-toes, I grabbed the four rolls of fabric off the wall to bring home with me to create new designs.

My (E/C) eyes flicked over to the clock. "9:05pm, Perfect." I smiled as I walked up front to see a man standing in my store, leaned up against a register.

"I'm very sorry, Sir. We are closed." My nerves spiked as I thought he was going to rob me. 'Fuck! I didn't lock the door! I'm such an idiot.' I internally scolded myself.

"Sir? I think we are way past the formalities, Sweet cheeks." He smirked and I gasped. "Excuse me? My name is not 'Sweet cheeks'. My name is (Y/N). Now I will say this again." Boldy, I walked over to the unidentified man and set the fabrics down next to him. "My store is now closed. You will have to come back tomorrow, Sir."

"Why keep up with the formalities when you danced on me so seductively last night?" His golden eyes met mine and I gasped.

Golden eyes, the perfect mix of honey and the sun.

"Holy shit."

"Heh, I know right? I'm pretty good looking. The name's Keigo." He smirked, showing off the stubble upon his chin.

  1031 words