25

"holy shit." mark's breath hitched as he caught sight of alice stepping out in her bikini, the sunlight casting an ethereal glow upon her. 

her hair, meticulously arranged in a half-up, half-down do, danced gently in the breeze, accentuating her radiant smile. the hue of her attire, a striking azure, seemed to mirror the cloudless sky above. whether alice knew about his preference for the color remained a mystery to him, but the subtle homage didn't escape mark's notice, warming his heart in a way only she could. 

in the background, haechan and johnny, lounging leisurely, noticed mark's captivation and exchanged a knowing high-five, sipping their refreshing lemonades as they marveled at the unfolding moment.

"ah, to be young and in love," haechan sighed, a hint of nostalgia in his voice.

johnny glanced at haechan, a playful smirk tugging at the corners of his lips. "you sound like his dad."

haechan feigned offense. "don't offend mr. lee like that."

amid their banter, johnny took another sip, contemplating alice's choice of color. "you know what's interesting? she chose blue. it says something. shows she cares. if she picked anything else, well, it'd speak volumes too."

a realization dawned on haechan, emphasizing the significance of alice's intentional choice. "aw shit," he muttered. "how'd she know that blue drives him crazy?"

johnny simply shrugged, taking another sip from his cup. "i told her."

"dude, you're a fucking genius."

johnny nodded knowingly, savoring the subtle intricacies of the moment.

-

in the basement, where the party buzzed with energy, a vibrant scene unfolded. a table laden with delectable treats beckoned from one corner, a bar serving up refreshing concoctions gleamed under the neon lights, and a glimmering disco ball adorned the ceiling, casting kaleidoscopic patterns across the space.

amidst the lively gathering, alice caught sight of johnny and lizzie engaged in conversation, intending to join them when she was unexpectedly intercepted by none other than mark.

"hey," he giggled mischievously. "let's go outside."

alice wrinkled her brow, detecting the faint scent of alcohol wafting from him. "mark lee, are you drunk?"

mark giggled again, his demeanor lighthearted. "what's the point of drinking if you're not getting a little tipsy?"

he inched closer to alice, steering her toward the edge of the pool, a mischievous glint in his eyes.

"if you push me, i'll do so much worse," alice warned, trying to create some distance.

but mark, undeterred, flashed a playful smile. "oh really? what'll you do?"

alice hesitated, feeling a tinge of nervousness as he closed in. she could smell the alcohol on his breath, intensifying her discomfort. with each step backward, the pool's edge drew nearer. "i'll—"

suddenly, in a surprising turn, mark leaned in swiftly, planting a spontaneous kiss on alice. caught off guard, she lost her footing, grabbing onto him in a desperate attempt to regain balance, inadvertently pulling him down with her into the pool.

splashing into the water, alice thrashed around, momentarily disoriented. "bitch, i can't swim!" she cried out, her voice a mix of panic and laughter, trying her best to stay afloat amidst the unexpected plunge.