Chapter 5

𝗗𝗲𝘀𝗽𝗶𝘁𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗵𝗲𝗮𝗿𝘁𝗯𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗸 𝘀𝗵𝗲 𝗳𝗲𝗹𝘁, 𝘀𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝘂𝗽 𝘁𝗼 𝗵𝗶𝗺 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆𝗱𝗮𝘆...

It was a rare sight for everyone to see Michiru chasing Rintarou like that. Not long before, it was the other way around. The girl walked around the hallways during her break time trying to catch a glimpse of her boyfriend. 

Before long, Michiru stopped by an empty club room, lucky to find Rintarou sleeping soundly on the long table. Michiru gently closed the door behind and took light steps towards the boy. She pulled a seat from underneath the table and sat down. 

"What a harmless expression you're wearing, Rin" she commented, burying half of her face in the crook of her bent arm. Michiru admired everything about him. From his slated eyes, brushed down hair and thin lips of his, he was undeniably handsome. 

All Michiru could wish for is that time would stop right now. That this moment will never end. Because she knew that once he's awake, Suna would push her away again. "Why are you being like this Rin?" she asked quietly again, wanting answers but never wanting to hear any of them. 

For the past few days, Michiru would always visit him in practice like before. She would be pushy and eager which was new since she's usually passive. Was she being too much? 

She reached out to his soft dark brown locks, intertwining each of the strands with her fingers, gazing at his sleeping face again. "Can you tell me what to do now, Rin?" she asked blindly again, hands traveling from his hair down to his face. Michiru intended to caress his cheek for a bit but ended up pulling her hand back. Why does it feel like he's going to disappear when she touch him? 

Michiru flinched when Suna started squirming. Her feet stayed glued on the ground as her mind screamed at her to just go. In the end, Rintarou saw her as he rubbed his eyes and yawned. 

"What are you doing here, Michiru?" his voice sounded void of any emotion, even his eyes were empty as it met hers. 

The girl's brows furrowed, another pained expression etched on her face. "Ne Rin? What did I do wrong?" her straight forward question surprised him.

Suna looked away, "Nothing"

Michiru slammed her hand on the table, "Then why are you like this? Haven't I done everything I can to get you back?" bead of crystal fell from her eyes once again. Aren't I tired wasting too many tears on him? Michiru often asked herself, but even so, she couldn't stop. "I'm so confused Rin. Every night I had trouble sleeping because I kept blaming myself for what happened to you. But in the end, I couldn't find any answers. Surely you have one for me. So please..." Her voice broke. "Please tell me" 

Rintarou retained quite an expressionless face even as he saw the crying face of his once-beloved girlfriend. Yes, he was guilty because he was well aware that he caused her this pain. But why is it that he can't find it in himself to comfort her?  

He didn't even want to say sorry. Nor ask for her forgiveness. "I just don't love you anymore, Michiru"

The sound of her heart completely shattering was deafening to Michiru and Rintarou. "Is that so?" Dejectedly, Michiru pulled a teary smile. "Then, I shouldn't bother you any longer huh?"

"Your call" Rintarou replied, even questioning himself why he gave such an open-ended answer. 

But it was enough for Michiru. She dragged herself to the door and gave him one last time, "Thank you for everything, Suna-san" She knew that she's done everything for him. Yet there's no progress. Nothing at all. Was it really too late? Is pretending to be okay, the solution to everything? Should she have thrown a fit and forced him to stay?

Maybe it really was time for her to give this love up. 

Michiru closed the door and walked slowly towards her classroom. And again, as always, she coincidentally bumped into Inzarizaki's blonde setter. "'Tsumu, why does this hurt so much?" she asked, voice muffled as she snuggled closer to his chest. 

"Because maybe you made the wrong choice to pick him" Atsumu replied, anger boiling inside him. "So choose me instead,  Michi. This time around, choose me" he was eager to be there for her. 

He loved her but never got the chance to show it. Now that the chance presented itself, he would do anything for her. 

e n d  o f  c h a p t e r