𝚃𝙷𝚁𝙴𝙴

Disclaimer: season 6-8 greys spoilers. the event happens, but the characters plot is a little different. also unedited, sorry.

Lexie

Lexie

4 YEARS LATER

"COME ON MARK! EVERYONE'S ALREADY HEADING to the airport." Lexie urged, rising from the on call room bed to put on her scrubs, which had made their way to the floor a half an hour ago.

"Lexie, they aren't going to leave without us."

Lexie rolled her eyes. "I know. I just don't want them waiting on us."

Mark let out a groan as he sat up, looking at Lexie as she frantically put on her shoes, followed by her windbreaker.

"Come on!" She ordered, and Mark put his hands up in surrender, rising from the bed and over to his clothing which had also made their way to the floor.

As Mark opens the door, Lexie turns to him. "Can you believe that I'm going to be a fellow in a couple of weeks? My residency is finally over."

Mark chuckles as he shuts the on call room door behind them. "I told you, residency goes by fast."

Lexie nods. "I still can't decide if I want to do my fellowship here or in D.C. They offered me a good position over there, but I love it here."

Mark stops Lexie in her tracks and turns her to face him, grabbing her shoulders. "Just know that I will support any and every decision that you make. If you choose D.C., we can still make it work. If you stay here, we will also make it work."

Lexie lowers her head and blushes. "You know, we've been dating for 3 years and you still make me get butterflies."

After their hookup 4 years ago, Meredith and Derek found out and got angry with Mark. They claimed that this why they called him a man whore. So, this resulted in a fight between Lexie and Mark, as well as Lexie yelling a few words at Meredith, causing the couple to go their own separate ways for a year, and date different people.

Lexie dated Jackson for a short while, followed by Alex, but they didn't last. She just didn't feel right with them, and knew it wouldn't a soulmate type of love. Mark dated an ophthalmologist from Seattle Pres and also got Callie pregnant in a one night stand situation.

She gave birth to Sofia, who was the cutest little one ever. Mark, Callie, and her wife, Arizona, all take care of her.

But then they eventually made their way back to each other after they got assigned to work together on an elderly man, and while they were briefing the case, an older woman passed by the room in the hallway, and the man recognized her immediately. They haven't seen each other in 50 years, but all those years ago, they were in love. They just realized it too late.