𝚂𝙴𝚅𝙴𝙽

Spencer

Spencer

AS SPENCER SAT DOWN BEHIND HIS wooden desk, he felt the table vibrate as his phone buzzed.

He picked up his phone, and sure enough, it was Lexie.

Lexie: Hey! I hope I'm not bothering you, just wanted to ask how your morning is going.

Spencer reread the text a few times, and then recalled his memories from the last hour.

He got called into work very early for a case, and as soon as he got to work, he got a call from his mother's caretaker.

Spencer's apartment had been flooded, and his mom's caretaker was quitting. This resulted in the genius rushing home, and working the case with the team from there while they all traveled out of state.

When he arrived, both his mom and the caretaker were freaking out. The caretaker ran out the door with her things, leaving Spencer alone with his mom.

He rushed to grab towels in an attempt to clean the floor quickly, and to salvage the couple of books that had fallen into the water.

"I hope I didn't ruin any of your books, Spencer." his mom mumbled, showing signs of shame.

Spencer stood up straight and walked over to her, gently grabbing her forearms. "It's okay, mom. Don't worry about my books, I have plenty."

"Okay, well, I'm going to go lie down. I've had a long morning."

Diana began to turn around and walk away when Spencer quickly glanced at his watch, and reached out to gently place his hand on his mom's shoulder, stopping her in her tracks.  "Not yet, you have to take your medicine first."

His mother whined. She hated the medicine that Spencer gave him.

Spencer quickly moved into his room where he kept the medicine hidden, and mixed it in with some orange juice and served it to his mother.

"Here you go. I put it in some orange juice so it wouldn't taste as bad." He said, handing her the glass.

Spencer's mother hesitantly, but soon enough drank the glass of orange juice, and then disappeared into her bedroom.

Spencer washed out the glass and set it in the dishwasher before walking over to his desk.

Now here he was, sitting behind his desk while staring at Lexie's text, wondering what words to use in response.