𝙵𝙸𝚅𝙴

Lexie

Lexie

"SO, IS THAT YOUR BOY TOY?" Adaline asks, turning to Lexie as she walks over to her.

Lexie rolled her eyes. "No, we aren't a thing. He was my patient 4 years ago and we became good friends. I was just a dumb bitch who lost the piece of paper with his number on it."

Adaline frowned. "Well, that sucks. He's cute, I kind of want to make a move on him before he leaves, if you guys aren't a thing."

Lexie's eyes widened, and her heart lightly dropped. She hesitated before responding. "Y-Yeah, I uh, I think he's single. I mean he was the last time I saw him. But it's been 4 years, so you never know."

"What should I say?"

"Hmmm.." Lexie began. "Talk to him about books. Tell him what your favorite one is."

"What, is he some kind of book freak?" Adaline laughed, and Lexie furrowed her brows, not finding her joke very funny.

"No, he just has a passion for them. He's insanely smart, like genius smart."

"Wow. Well anyway, when he comes back out I'm going to ask if he wants to meet up for coffee sometime. Does he like coffee?"

Lexie looked at her feet. "He loves it." She mumbled, not looking at Adaline.

"Alright! Sounds goo- oh wait! Here they come, wish me luck!"

Lexie flashed her a smile that immediately dropped when her back turned to her. She watched as Adaline made her way over to the two men, and she saw Spencer's face draw back in shock at probably her coffee idea.

She watched Adaline pull out a slip of paper, and handing it to Spencer, which he pocketed. Adaline flashed him a smile and Spencer began to walk away.

But not without one last glance at Lexie. She met his eyes and she couldn't read them. She couldn't find the happiness nor sadness nor confusion, they were just eyes.

Although, he could most certainly read hers. They were sad. Sad for many reasons. They were sad because she missed Mark, missed her old co-workers. It's her first day and she already isn't too fond of how this hospital runs.

Spencer quickly turned his head away when their eyes met, but glanced back one last time.

As he disappeared from her sight, Lexie let out a sigh. She turned back around to the chart in front of her as Adaline came up to her side.