5

"Good morning sweetheart! Happy birthday!" I cooed as Colby pulled Mia out of her crib, "you're one today!" Colby said and bounced her up and down a couple times, causing her to giggle. "Can you say one?" I asked and grabbed her hand as Colby kissed her head. "Dah!" She said making me giggle, "we will get there." I said with a laugh as I walked to get her gift.

Colby sat down in the rocking chair and held Mia in his lap as I handed him the present. "Go ahead, princess." He said and gestured the gift over to Mia who just stared up at him with wide eyes. "Here." He said and ripped the paper a little bit to help her. She looked at him with confusion as I guided her hand to the loose paper. "Like this!" I said and pulled her hand slightly so she would rip it.

She giggled then pulled at the paper, waving her arms around as she bounced with glee, "yeah! Keep going!" I said as she took another handful of paper and ripped it off revealing the stuffed koala we got her from the zoo. She looked at it and squealed happily as she held it in the air, showing Colby.

"Yeah! It's a koala!" He exclaimed as she rubbed her face in it. "She's so goofy." I said with a smile as she laughed. "You like it Mia?" I asked as she pulled her face out and smiled and reached up at me. "Come here sweet girl." I said and pulled her into my arms.

"Are you excited for your party?" I asked and danced with her to the closet so I could pull out her birthday dress. "Mmmm" she said causing me to giggle, "you're really trying to talk to us aren't you?!" I asked as I started to change her.

"Im gonna go get her breakfast ready." Colby said and came over to kiss my cheek. "Okay we will be down in a minute." I said and changed Mia's diaper as he left the room.

I grabbed her dress and looked down at her as she wiggled happily. "You happy sweet girl?" I asked and bent down to blow on her belly, making her giggle even more. "I can't believe you're so old." I said and rubbed my thumb along her cheek. "Stop growing." I said then sighed and got her dressed.

I put a headband with a big bow on it on her head then lifted her up. "You're so pretty!" I cooed and pinched her cheek. "Let's go get some breakfast." I said then went downstairs.

"Happy birthday Mia!" Sam said and came over to us. "Can you say thank you to uncle Sammy?" I asked and bounced her. She just put her hand on Sam's face as he chuckled. "You're welcome." He said with a smile.

Everyone came over and each told Mia happy birthday which was so precious because she was just so excited. Colby had set out a couple different things she could eat, "what would you like, princess?" He asked and gestured to the foods. She giggled and reached for Colby causing him to take her from me.

She looked at the foods and pointed to the avocados, "a true California girl." Colby said with a laugh as he sat her in the highchair. "We probably should have dressed her AFTER she ate." I said as he put her bib on her, "well, what's a birthday without a little mess?" Colby asked then started feeding Mia.

"Cor the cake you made looks so good." Kat said as she took a bite of her cereal. "Thank you! I was really nervous that it would look bad." I said as Devyn laughed, "you're so hard on yourself! It looks so good." She said and hugged me.

We spent the next couple hours setting up the birthday party and making sure everyone was all set up.

Colby was currently on FaceTime with his parents and Mia, while I greeted the animal guy. "Hey! I'm Steve it's nice to meet you." He said and held his hand out, "Cora. It's nice to meet you too! Is there anywhere special you want to set up?" I asked and gestured around the backyard. "Over there looks perfect." He said and gestured over to the clear space that was in the grass, "perfect!" I said and sent him on his way to get set up.