61

It only took a couple minutes before everyone was back in the car with their snow cones. "Here you go, Cor." Jake said and handed me my snow cone,

"Colby has your card." He said when I raised my brow at him, "if I see any weird purchases on eBay for some murder boxes or something I'll know it's you Jacob." I said as he shook his head, "that's not my name." He said as I scrunched my nose and took a bite of my snow cone.

By the time we were almost to the house Mia was waking up again. "Did you enjoy your little nap sweet girl?" I asked as she rubbed the sleep out of her eye, "Mama." She said and looked at the mostly melted snow cone I was still eating, "do you want to try it?" I asked and held it out to her.

She opened her mouth and took a bite of it, causing her to smile, "you like it?" I asked as she rested her head on my chest again as Colby pulled into the driveway.

We all got out and went inside so we could get ready for dinner. "Mia, you're going to look so pretty in the dress Kitty got you." I said and bounced her as I stood in front of her little cot. "Kitty!" She said and looked around for Kat, "she's not here right now you goofball." I said and laid her down in the cot.

Colby was getting out of the shower as I finished tying Mia's hair into little pigtails. "You're so cute." I whispered and brushed my finger along her cheek. "Thank you." Colby said as he walked in wearing his black jeans and button up grey and white shirt,

"I wasn't talking to you, but the shoe fits." I said with a grin as he came over to us, "go get ready, I'll entertain the little princess." He said then smacked my ass lightly so I would move.

"A simple excuse me would have worked just fine." I said with a laugh as I grabbed the romper I was going to wear, "right, my bad, excuse me." He said and smacked my ass harder causing me to squeal.

"Cole, stop it." I said with a laugh and smacked his arm as he pulled Mia out of the cot. "I'm gonna get her stuff set up down the hall." He said lowly and looked me up and down as I turned to walk away.

A shiver ran down my spine as his eyes darkened, "okay." I whispered feeling the deep pit in my stomach grow.

I turned away and scurried off to the bathroom before he could try anything else. We definitely wouldn't be making it to dinner if we started that right now.

I didn't realize how sore I was from the hike today until the warm water from my shower loosened everything muscle in my body. I felt fully relaxed for the first time in a while.

I was enjoying it maybe a little too much because Colby eventually came into the bathroom and laughed, "Did you fall asleep in there or something?" He asked as Mia giggled,

"Oh shush, this feels good." I said as he chuckled, "save that kind of energy for later." He mumbled as I turned the water off, "yes sir." I said then opened the shower door.

I quickly got dressed and blow dried my hair, trying to keep some of the curl in my hair, but it ended up just being messy waves.

Colby came in as I was putting the finishing touches on my makeup causing him to smile, "you look beautiful, Cor." He said as I smiled and turned around, "thanks, Colby." I said as Mia pointed to me,

"Pretty!" She yelled causing me to smile even wider, the warmth in my heart growing even more than I thought was possible, "thank you sweet girl." I whispered, getting a little emotional from all the love in my heart.

"Let's go, we don't want to be late and hear about it for the rest of the trip."  Colby said and held his hand out to me so I could grab it. "Hold on." I whispered and turned to look at the three of us in the mirror.