Someone Different

Sam's POV

"Hey guys what's up?" I asked my small group of friends that agreed to meet at the mall today.

"Nothin much" my friend Jake said "Just talking about how you can't get a girl even if you wanted to."

"Haha very funny, I could get any girl thank you very much, I just choose not to."

"Okay prove it." Jake chuckled

"Pick any girl, she won't be able to resist my good looks and charm. " I winked.

"Okay then..." He looked around a little bit and pointed "her" he said.

I looked to where he was pointing and at first I was shocked, she didn't look like any other girl I had seen today, or more specifically ever. She was wearing a large sweater and jeans, hiding any curves she might have. I don't know why because from the looks of her, what I could see at least, she looked natural and beautiful without all the caked on amounts of makeup, fake hair color, and short shorts that didn't cover much of anything on a girls legs that most girls come with in this generation.

Before I could start walking towards her I see a guy walk behind her hugging her waist and kissing her neck.

Eliza's POV

I suddenly feel a pair of arms wrap around me and that's when I get scared, its him and like I thought he's not going to leave me alone. He whispers in my ear "I miss you Eliza come back to me." He turns me around to face him and lets go of me.

I have to stand my ground so I say "I'm sorry Will we can't do this anymore it's over remember?"

"You know Eliza it really isn't over I wasn't thinking, I miss you, I want you back."

"No Will I don't want this, just let me go."

"Eliza, you don't want me angry do you? Because I'm getting really angry right now." he said in a tone of voice that made me want to run and hide.

"N-no but I-I just can't do this anym-more." I hated how weak I sounded. Why can't I just sound confident around him, oh wait I remember now, he sucked all the confidence out of me.

I could feel that he was just about to hit me when...

Sam's POV

Before the intense situation I was witnessing got any more heated I walked up and asked if everything was all right.

The guy responded with "Yeah, now go the fuck away and mind your own damn business."

"Wow, okay no need for that I was just making sure that nothing bad was happening over here."

The girl with a sweet and innocent voice replies with "Thank you, he was actually just saying that we would continue this conversation later, right Will?"

"Yes we will, we aren't finished here, so I will see you soon." he says and walks away.

When he is out of site I hear the girl let out a breath and a look of relief washes over her face, but not completely. And for some reason I want to smooth her worry lines and see a smile on that beautiful face.

She says genuinely it seems "Thank you" and starts to walk away, but before she can go far I catch up to her.

"Can I at least have your phone number so that I can save you if that might ever happen again?"

"Oh trust me, I don't think you want to get involved in anything with me, especially in this." She replies

"Okay... well may I at least have the privilege of knowing your name if we ever do meet again?" I might sound desperate but I just wanted to know more about this mysterious and interesting girl.

"It's Eliza, Eliza Davidson." she said with her hand out stretched for a handshake.

I took it maybe too eagerly, and when we touched it was as if I was being shocked, but with a good kind of electricity that didn't just touch my hand but every part of my body. Who really was this girl and why did she intrigue me so much?

(Imagine Dylan O'Brien as Sam)
Any ideas for Eliza would be greatly appreciated, comment who you think would be a good person for her. (: