wednesday, october 24: the black lake coven

k here's the thing. There's no explanation for what is happening in this apartment. Last night I was sitting at my desk, which faces away from my bedroom door. And I heard someone come into my room and open my closet door. Obviously I thought it was my mom, and I assumed she was looking for some clothes or something, so I asked what she was looking for. She didn't respond, and when I turned to look no one was there, but both my bedroom and closet doors — which were CLOSED I swear they were closed — were wide open. And I heard footsteps on the carpet! I heard them! Like it was so real that I wasn't even scared, I called my mom to see what she needed. She was in the shower.

I got scared after that hahaha.

Then this morning I got up and got ready for school and my backpack wasn't where I left it hanging on the back of my door. So I'm running around my bedroom, late, and my mom's shouting from her room that we need to hurry, and I have no idea where my stuff is — and then my mom calls from the living room, "Shiloh — are you okay?"

She sounded spooked so I gave up on my search and went to see what was up — and spread out all over the living room floor was my backpack and all my books and papers. Everything was shredded, even the backpack.

I just stood there, dumb, staring at the mess.

My mom must have been staring at me.

"Why?" she said. She sounded totally aghast. Like, obviously. She must have been horrified. Who else could have made them mess except for me?

But listen — I really didn't do it. I swear to god I no memory of making that mess.

There are only two viable scenarios that explain what happened. I don't know which I prefer. They're both horrifying.

Either I did it — I shredded all my school things and have no memory of doing so OR there was someone else in this house last night.

I swore up and down to my mom that I didn't do it. She's so worried. She was like freaking out in the car on the way to school.

She kept saying shit like, "I know that you're having a hard time right now, what with everything that's going on, but —" and then before she could actually accuse me of anything she'd sorta catch herself. And then finally she said, "you're talking to your therapist though, aren't you? It's okay if this isn't the right fit. We can find someone else."

And I know she's trying to help, and I know she just feels helpless, but like bitch I didn't do it!!!!

So then she said, "Maybe we should send you to a psychiatrist. Maybe they'll be able to do more."

Which is totally fair honestly, like if it were my kid doing violent things to her school stuff in her sleep I'd send her to a psychiatrist too.

Unfortunately I was too freaked out and pissed off to have this level of compassion at the time. I don't remember what I screamed at her, but the gist of it was this:

YOU CAN'T JUST SEND ME TO A PSYCHIATRIST AND EXPECT ALL MY PROBLEMS TO BE SOLVED THAT ISN'T GOING TO FIND MADELYN AND IT ISN'T GOING TO KEEP WHATEVER WAS IN OUR APARTMENT LAST NIGHT FROM COMING BACK

And then I got out of the car, crying, and stormed up to the school. Which definitely didn't help my I don't think I need psychiatry case. At least I had the wherewithal not to tell her I'd seen a psychic and he told me I was going to die hahahaha.

Anyways, I stormed up the school steps right by Tilly and she called after me but I couldn't face her so I ran away, which like — yikes. But at that point everything with Tilly was looking way too dire for me to even consider talking her right then. I hadn't spoken to her since my freak out at the psychic's office. I'd ignored like five texts from her. FIVE. And then I ran away from her. Nice one Shiloh, way to ruin the one good thing that's happened since school started.