One of The Greatest Gifts

Oda and Kouyou both kept their part of the deal. Oda kept Chuuya more than happy, and made sure he was well cared for. And Kouyou visited him here and there. Making sure not to slip, and covering her tracks by disguising the frequent trips to Italy as business. Kouyou was scheduling another trip as she knew Chuuya's water could break any day now, and she wanted to be there. Dazai entered Kouyou's private quarters and he looked at her typing away on her computer.

"You sure have been leaving a lot lately."

"As needed. Business never sleeps." Kouyou says nonchalantly.

"Is it really just business? You're gone for a long period of time. Weeks at a time even."

"Are you doubting me Boss?"

"A bit. As one of the main executives in charge I expect you to act better. And I definitely expect you to be present. How is he anyway?"

Kouyou laughs right in Dazai's face. "What are you on about?"

"Chuuya. I don't know how he's alive but I know he is."

Kouyou shook her head. "He's dead Boss, just as you said. Went to the morgue and had to see for myself."

"Funny I just went to the morgue and his body is missing. A completely different man in there."

"Probably just didn't switch the names out yet."

"I find that hard to believe that's quite the lawsuit to display the wrong body."

"Well you didn't think they'd keep him forever did you?"

"Hm." Dazai chuckled. "And what exactly would they have done with his body?"

"Fry it." Kouyou said coldly. "Like the rest of unclaimed, now if you'll excuse me I have to pack."

*

Chuuya was folding some clothes for the hospital bag and he put the baby's things to the side. Oda smiled and he gently knocked on the door frame. Chuuya gasped. "Geez, you scared me."

Oda chuckled. "I am sorry." He says kissing Chuuya's cheek.

"You're home early."

"I am. They let me take leave early especially since you're only 2 days from being due."

Chuuya smiles. "I'm glad. I really need your help actually."

"Anything."

"Can you just finish packing the bag for me? My feet are killing me." He says honestly. Oda looked down and he saw how swollen Chuuya's ankles and feet were.

"Baby you should have waited until I got home. You really shouldn't be on your feet." Oda picked Chuuya up and he sat him down in the rocking chair in the bedroom. "Stay there." Oda leaves the room and he gets the foot massager he had bought for Chuuya. He puts water inside with epsom salt, and he carries it back into the room. He turns it on; the 2nd setting and he places Chuuya's feet inside. Chuuya leans back and groans in happiness.

"That feels so nice..."

Oda smiles. "You don't use it on your feet enough."

Chuuya sighs. "I know, but just the thought of having to do anything at all this far along is tiring."

Oda zips up the hospital bag and he walks over to Chuuya rubbing his legs. "I know. That's why I am here to do it for you."

Chuuya smiles and he kisses the top of Oda's head. He was truly so blessed to have him, he didn't know what he'd do without him around. Chuuya accidently splashed water on Oda and he heard Chuuya whimper.

"Baby? What's the matter?" He asked worriedly as he saw Chuuya holding his stomach.

"Hn...!" Chuuya groaned and Oda's eyes widened as he saw a puddle on the floor. And the rocking chair was now wet.

"Shit! Are you?!"

Chuuya panted and nodded. Oda immediately picked Chuuya up into his arms. "Okay baby... just breathe and hold on to me..." Oda tried to stay as calm as possible. He grabbed the hospital bag and he rushed out to their car to get Chuuya to the hospital.

*

Chuuya was in labor for 16 hours, and at 6:35 in the morning he gave birth to a baby boy with a head full of curly strawberry blonde hair and blue eyes as deep as the ocean. He was absolutely perfect. He had all ten fingers and ten toes, and he was as healthy as could be. Chuuya cried as he held him for the first time. He never knew he could love something so small with all of his being, and laying his eyes on him he knew he would protect that little boy with all of his might. And Oda looking at both of them knew he would never let anything happen to them. His omega, his baby, nothing meant more to him. He wouldn't let that be stolen from him again no matter what it took.

"He's so perfect..." Chuuya says softly as his baby boy yawns in his arms.

"He is." Oda smiles. "And he is beautiful. He looks just like you."

Chuuya blushed and he kissed Oda softly and leaned into his embrace. Kouyou gently knocked on the door and she smiled.

"Kouyou... You made it." Chuuya smiled.

"Wouldn't miss it for the world. Oh my goodness, look at how down right cute he is." Kouyou says as Chuuya gently hands her the baby. "He is so beautiful. Congratulations to you two. Have you guys thought of a name?"

"Theodore." Chuuya says softly.

"Theodore. What a beautiful name." Kouyou says, rubbing his little cheek.

"Welcome to the world little Theodore."

*

This is why I picked the name Theodore.

Theodore: Derived from the Latin Theodorus, which is from the Greek Theodōros, a compounding of the elements theos (god) and dōron (a gift): hence, "God's gift."

To Be Continued...