What?!

**Hayes' POV**

I listened to her for a few more minutes, hearing things like "please stop" and "why?". I get too worried so I decide to wake her up.

"Danie, babe, wake up... Princess please..." I say softly and shake her. She jolts up breathily heavily and looks at me, scared.

"Oh... Oh God... It was just a dream..." She pants and hugs me really tight.

"What happened Princess?" I ask and stroke her hair. She takes a deep breath and starts.

**Danie's dream**

I was pushed into the lockers, just like any other day. People were surrounding me, calling me things like whore, trash, slut... I just got punched in the gut, making me wheeze.

Suddenly, the crowd parts and in walks... Hayes? Thank God, he's saving me!

"Hayes! Oh my God I'm so happy to see-" he cut me off by slapping me, hard. My head whips to the side and tears start streaming down my face. Why??

"Only speak when you've been spoken to, bitch." He says and spits at me.

"Hayes-" slap. "Please Stop-" punch in the gut. "No, Hayes, don't hurt me-" kick in the ribs.

I start sobbing uncontrollably and I feel like I hear my name being called. It gets louder and louder...

**end dream**

"And that's where I woke up." She whispers shakily. I simply hug her tight and whisper in her ear.

"Baby, nothing like that will ever happen to you. I promise. I'll protect you." I say to her. After a while, she calms down and we lay back down together. I make sure to keep her close to me, my arm over her side, holding her body close to mine.

**next day**
**Danielle's POV**

I'm getting breakfast with Danie today when I see our old friend Nick.

"Oh my gosh, Nick?!" I say and he turns around. Once he sees us, he smiles big and gets up, walks over to us, and gives us each a huge hug.

"Man, how many years has it been since I've seen you beautiful ladies?? Like 3?" He says and Danie nods.

"Yup. 5th grade." She says. He nods.

"Well, I gotta go to work. I work at the new pet shop in the mall if ya wanna come visit me." He says and we agree we will he kisses each of our cheeks and walks back to his table.

We get the rest of our food and sit at our table with Hayes and Alec.

"Who was that?" Hayes asks kindly.

"Ya, who WAS that?" Alec asks more harshly.

"Our old friend Nick. He left our school in 5th grade." I say, sorta shocked at his attitude.

"Seemed like he was checkin y'all out." He says curtly. I just look at him with the "what face" and Danie and I call it.

"Alec, chill. He's an old friend of ours who we haven't seen in 3 years! It's not like he touched my ass or anything so just relax!" I say, getting agitated.

"Whatever. Just sit." He says and starts eating again. I stare at him, shocked.

"Excuse you? Don't tell me to "just sit"! What am I, a dog?!" I say and leave the food court, Danie trailing behind.

What is up with him? This isn't the Alec I'm used to...