chapter six

Michael parked in front of his parents mansion. He turned of the engine and sighed, he wanted so badly to talk to the woman beside him. He knew he had hurt her tonight and heaven knows he didn't want to, if she hadn't shout at him or talked back at him, he wouldn't have done it. He is used to shouting to people and they would stand there with their heads low, none of them dared to look at him, let to talk of to shout at him. But she did and it annoyed him.

He glanced at her and saw her sitting with her head bowed, obviously waiting for him to get out of the car first, he felt the impulse of reaching out to touch her and when his hands wanted to obey, he clenched it to stop himself, why should he console her? What he did tonight is not up to a quarter of what she did to him. The law of nature said that thou shall reap what thee sow and she is only reaping hers, so why should he feel bad? The main reason of marrying her was to get back at her, the pain she had made him live in for years, he only wanted her to have a taste of it and this night is just the beginning, thinking to that, he got out of the car and walked past all the servants there that greeting him.

Sasha followed after him and smiled at the servants that greeted her, no matter what, she has to act happy, she can't let anyone know what is happening in home and not just because she didn't want them to gossip but that she is now having an inkling fear that she maybe married to a monster. His attitude tonight had just proven that he is not the man she can afford to offend, seem like she is married to the devil himself.

She walked into the house seconds after Michael and Vanessa smiled to her before pulling her into a light hug. She kissed both her cheeks and looked at her with a beautiful smile evident in her eyes "how are you my dear?" She asked in her sweet and gentle voice. She really is a graceful woman. 

Sasha felt an unspeakable amount of warm flush into her the moment Vanessa hugged her and kissed her, the fear and regret that was starting to build up in her heart immediately disappeared, she has a loving mother in-law "I'm fine, you?" She asked genuinely and Vanessa smiled.

She loop her hand in hers and gently pulled her into a walk with her "I'm great only that you and your husband abandoned us immediately you got married" she looked at Sasha with a smile "you can call me you know, I won't get angry over it. Since you haven't leave for your honeymoon, why don't you spend some time with me?" She helped her sit on the sofa before sitting beside her, her hand slowly caressed her hair.

Sasha couldn't help but feel like a fifteen year old who just got married and have her mother in-law spoiling her cause that's exactly what Vanessa was doing now, maybe she forgot that she is actually twenty six? She thought but that doesn't matter, having someone treat her with love in her new family filled half of the emptiness she feels inside "I will work on that" she answered.

Vanessa smiled and looked at her son, perhaps noticing that they are both dressed in red, her eyes sparkled, maybe they are getting along more than she expected, she have had this fear that things might take time before happening between them since she knows the kind of son she gave birth to, well, looks like she doesn't need to worry anymore "I have a tea party to attend with my friends next tomorrow, why don't you come along with me? I will introduce you to them, they are all dying to meet you anyway."

"I will look forward to it" Sasha replied with a smile.

"That's good. And don't you forget" Vanessa said looking from her to her son who was just sitting there with his eyes closed and his head resting on the sofa before looking at her again "if he does anything that you don't like, do not hesitate to tell me so that I will caution him for you or even punish him if necessary."

Michael's eyes snapped open at his mother's words and his eyes went to Sasha again who looked at him after hearing what his mother just said, she thought about complaining about his restriction on her from going to work and seeing her friends but when she saw the cold glint in his eyes, she couldn't get herself to utter a single world "I will keep that in mind mom."