chapter eleven

Sasha let out a deep breath again and stretched out her hand to caress Michael's cheek when a pair of crystal blue eyes was staring at her suddenly. Sasha froze and her hand hovered in mid air, she gulped as she stared at those deep blue eyes, why did he wake up suddenly? Didn't the doctor said he will wake up in the next hour?

"What are you trying to do?" Michael asked, his voice was low and almost a whisper but it still sounded cold to those who hear it and she involuntarily shuddered.

"I...um...I..." Sasha stuttered.

The man that was staring at her furrowed his brows at her lost for words "whatever it was that you were trying to do, don't ever think about it again" he warned.

Sasha let out a deep sigh and withdrew her hand, she placed it on her lap and her action some how got Michael's attention, his eyes followed her hand and he his frowned deepened.

"Why are you sitting on my bed? Get lost!"

Sasha stood up immediately, she dragged the chair in the room a little closer to the bed and sat down. Michael wanted to push her away again but decided not to waste his words on her. He sighed and his hand reached to caress his head but then he saw the drip there and placed his hand back on the bed. He was thirsty but he couldn't get himself to ask her to get him water, he will not and will never be dependent on her, he told himself.

His body was hurting but he figured he could get up himself, he tried to sit up and Sasha sprang to her feet immediately "what are you trying to do? You can't get up, lie down. You are still too weak" she placed her hand on his shoulder to gently push him down. Michael's eyes settled on her hand on his shudder and she quickly withdrew her hand when she saw his gaze.

Michael grunted due to the pain he felt in his head but he thinks he can manage, he tried to shift his legs so that he can get out of bed but to his horror, he can't control his legs. His eyes widened first in surprise and then in shock as he tried again but his legs were not responding, he shut an inquisitive look at Sasha immediately who had her head bowed "why...why can't I...feel my legs?" He asked, he tried his best to sound cold but one can still sense the fear etched in his voice.

Sasha dared not to look at him, she let out a deep breath "you sustained an injury in your spinal cord so it will affect your movement for a while" she looked at him when she heard no sound from him.

Michael was staring at her, he appeared to be in shock, Sasha gulped and rushed to assure him "but don't worry, the Doctor said it's temporal that after undergoing rehabilitation, that you will walk again. It will only be for some time."

Michael recovered from his shock, he looked away from her and stared into nothingness, Sasha tried to speak again "get out" he ordered.

"I need to..."

"Get out!" He shouted and she ran out of the room immediately. She ran into Gary who was rushing into the room but he was able to grab her before she knocked into him. He tried to get her to look at him but Sasha was already in tears, she flung his hands away and ran down the hall, out of his sight.

Gary stared after her for some time before going into the room. Michael was lying still in the bed, if it weren't for his eyes that were open, you will think he is unconscious "boss..."

"How did this happen?"

"Your car collied with a lorry and it somersaulted..."

"I know it somersaulted, I was in it. Is it enough to damage my legs?" He bellowed at Gary who looked down at his feet to hide his face.

"It was severe" he muttered "but it's not permanent" he looked at Michael with the good news "the doctor said it will be temporal, you just need to focus on recovering and the injury will be healing and before you know it, you will be walking again."