chapter eight

Waking up the next day, Sasha was not surprised to find herself alone in the room, she got up and dressed the bed and then she heard the sound of running water, Michael is still at home? She was surprised and then walked to the nightstand and picked up the tray with the untouched dinner before walking down stairs. Maybe she can fix a quick breakfast, she thought.

She made French toast and a glass of milk, she was arranging the dinning table when she heard the sound of approaching footsteps, she looked up to see Michael standing on the staircase looking at her. Michael noticed the purple blue color on her temple and his heart hurt, he remembered when he pushed her out of the bed, he had heard the sound but he didn't know it will bruise.

He felt the impulse of walking closer to her and putting her in his arms, to apologize and promise not to do so again when he heard "good morning, I made you breakfast, please eat it before leaving for work" he looked at her face to see a gentle smile playing on her lips and he swore that at that moment he had wanted to walk up to her and kiss her, to forget about his past hate and the pain she caused him which resulted to the way he has been treating her, he had wanted to forget everything and let them leave like a happy married couple but then a scene from his past played in his mind and all the warmth he felt just a moment ago vanished.

He walked down the stairs and left the house without a single look back. Sasha watched him go and a tear slipped out of her eyes, she is being as loving as she could okay, why can't he just pity her for a day? Just why did he choose to treat her this way? He had hurt her last night but she didn't use it against him, she had came down and made breakfast for him, trying to show him that last night didn't matter but still, he won't appreciate that? She sat on one of the chairs at the dinning as the tears kept rushing out of her face like a flood.

Michael got into his car, dropped his briefcase on the passenger's seat, his head resting on his seat and his eyes closed, he let out a deep breath slowly and his hands covered his face, he is trying, he is really trying to let go but that scene twelve years ago refuse to let him, he really want to be with her, to enjoy his marriage with her but ever since receiving that pain from her, he had built a wall, a thick wall to protect him from people, especially women.

That's why, he had lived the twenty eight years of his life without a single girlfriend, he found it had to trust women, and he had lived with his own theory, give them your heart and they will hurt you. So he tried not to give them his heart but his one mistake has refused to leave him, he had given his heart away but got hurt in the end, he had been angry, sad, lonely, and everyday he has to see her living happily and smiling. He had stalked her then, followed her everywhere she went, he planted people to watch her for him and they report to him everyday, she was always happy, while he was always sad and lonely.

All he had wanted was just to be in her arms, to place his head on her chest and have her hug him affectionately, he had loved her, oh God he had loved her, more than himself, more than his mother, more than his grandmother who was his ideal woman, but she had hurt him, she had hurt him more than anybody else, she made his life a leaving hell and he had isolated himself from people, he never trust anybody again, he did everything he want himself but while doing that, something else changed in him, he loved her so much that his love for her changed to hatred, he hated her and want nothing to do with her, he didn't want to see her again and so left the country for college.

But even though he left, even though he hated her, he still watched her, his men still reported about her daily life to him, even though he hated her, he still want to know about her, what she ate in the morning, what she ate in the afternoon, what she ate in the night, where she went to, who was her current boyfriend, if the boy is true to her, he wants to know everything and he did, he knew everything for his men left no stone unturned.