Chapter 1: Last Smiles Before A Shattered Gate

If Bakugou Katsuki had to describe his life, he wouldn't say it was perfect. He may be a prideful person but he was also smart. Thus, he knew the concept of a 'perfect' life was total bull$hit.

But one thing he could guarantee tell anyone with firm certainty like saying the sky was blue was that he had a happy life. One filled with a warm content he truly treasures.

He had both his parents; parents who loved him and supported him despite the fact that he's a little $hit at times.

His dad is calm and patient while his mom is fierce and takes $hit from nobody- including her own son. Polar opposites that perfectly balance one another out- somehow- and he doesn't mind. He knows despite all the shouting matches and names and well......loud brash chaos in general, his mother aka the hag honest to god loves him and so does his old man.

He has a childhood friend who's also his sister in all but blood- not that he'd ever say such mushy soft words to her, she'd never let him live it down. Her name's Hoshiko Tsuyasha or Tsuya for short.

Katsuki knew that deep down, he didn't have many friends- the acquaintances aka extras that suck up to him at school do not  count- much less someone his age he'd willingly allow to walk beside him on equal levels. But Tsuya aka Red- Tsuyasha was too much of a mouthful in his opinion- was an exception and he's willing to embrace said exception because she was a damn good friend.

She could put up with his crap but not to the point of cowed compliance like a spineless doormat. She knew when to firmly put her foot down and call him out on said crap and actually make it work. Not many could do that but his parents and of course, his BFF/ surrogate sister/ childhood friend whom he's known since they were both in diapers.

And last but not least, he has the best auntie aka his second mother aka his actual legal godmother and the best little brother- technically his 'godbrother' but he's 11 so he couldn't give two fu$ks about legal terms- any kid could ask for.

The Midoriyas- Inko Midoriya and her son, Izuku Midoriya.

If Katsuki was religious, he'd think the Midoriyas were angels in disguise because they were just that pure, kind, compassionate, caring and in a nutshell, too honest to every deity and god good for this world. Really, he can already see his Auntie Inko rocking a halo and feathery white wings.

The Midoriyas were average people really- well, as average as any individual can be in a world where being able to fly or shoot lasers out of your eyes is considered the norm- and they were humble. They weren't rich nor were they in poverty, they had enough to get by and afford a decent roof over their heads and decent food.

To Katsuki and Tsuya, they were their second family, simple as that and both of them would agree in less than a heartbeat that they loved them with all their heart.

(So why did fate have to be so cruel? Why did they have to take such kind souls away from them?)

In a flat nestled within Musutafu City, the joyous sounds of laughter and energetic whoops of happiness filled the small living area as a trio of children played heroes and villains.

Toys and storybooks were scattered on the floor, almost the entire surface of the coffee table was covered in numerous drawings and crayons and amongst the mess, 11 year olds Bakugou Katsuki and Hoshiko Tsuyasha grinned as they faced their greatest adversary- a small boy dressed in an All Might onesie with a head of curly fluffy green hair, matching emerald green eyes, a thousand watt smile and an endless supply of infectious innocent energy only a child could possess.