Chapter 2: The Day Two Smiles Shattered

'Whoever the he!l invented tests can go take a $hit without toilet paper.' Katsuki fumed, resisting the urge to just blow the damn test sheet in front of him into confetti. His agitation spiked higher when he saw Tsuya was already leisurely twirling her pencil, a satisfied but bored look on her face since she's already finished with hers.

'Damn it, damn it, damn it, which one of these is goddamn sentences is the right one?!' he thought, rereading the question. He just had to answer the last few questions before time ran out.

Which one of these sentences is correct?

a. He were amazing and kind person.

b. She is riding her bicycle last week.

c. Cats is animals.

d. I am reading a book.

5 minutes left on the clock. Katsuki took a deep breath, closed his eyes and took the most logical, competent course of action.....he listened to his gut, screw his brain and memory.

'The answer is....d!' he circled the answer and quickly tried his luck on last few questions. He had just finished circling the last one when the teacher gave the verdict.

"Pencils down! Time is up! No talking! Those in the back row, please collect all the papers from your row and submit them to me." She announced, stern as a prison warden.

Then again, this was school so that was pretty much a daily thing by now.

Katsuki handed in his paper, slouched in his seat with his arms crossed, looking like the lazy genius everyone in class expected from him. Secretly, he was praying that this time, he managed to at least score a B.

He sighed. Beside him, Tsuya did the same, slumping down in her seat and stretching her arms over her head.

"Finally! Thought I was gonna die of boredom." She said.

Katsuki glared at her. They both knew that English was one of the few things she was better than him at and she had no qualms about passively rubbing that fact into his face whenever she could.

"What?" she asked innocently.

"I managed to nail some of the harder ones, you?" he challenged.

She shook her head. "I didn't answer some of them." She said. For a moment, Katsuki felt a surge of smug satisfaction. Maybe this time, he managed to-

"I answered all of them." Tsuya emphasized, this time she didn't even try to hide her smug smirk.

Screw this little redheaded bish. Why was Katsuki BFFs with her of all people again? Oh right, cuz sometimes he's an @$$hole too.....guess that's just their version of 'balance' in their dynamic.

The bell for recess rang, prompting the students to go their separate ways to eat and catch up with friends. Katsuki and Tsuya just took out their respective bentos, content with eating in class today with one another as company.

Unfortunately, not everyone got the memo as two of Katsuki's 'friends'- who were actually tolerable acquaintances at best- sauntered over to chat with the ash blonde. Tsuya, wisely decided to focus on the bento her dad made for her.

"Hey, Bakugou, wanna hang out tonight?" the one who Katsuki recalled could extend his fingers asked.

"Yeah, a new arcade opened recently." Another with bat wings chimed in. "Hoshiko, you can tag along too if you want?" he invited, eyes hopeful and cheeks slightly pink.