Chapter 5: Scars and Vows

WARNING: Mentions/Descriptions of nightmares, panic attacks, PTSD, triggers etc. up ahead. You have been warned.

___________________________________________

Bakugou Katsuki and Hoshiko Tsuyasha were scarred.

In the more physical sense, Katsuki now had five scars on his face, one from each of the bastard's fingers.

The one on his right temple that stopped just shy of his eyebrow was from the index finger. The gash marring vertically down the middle of his forehead to the bridge of his nose was courtesy of the middle finger. The scar streaking on his left cheekbone was from the pinky. The scar on his right cheek was courtesy of the thumb.

The worst one was courtesy from the ring finger. It started from his left temple and went on across his brow ridge all the way to his left eyelid. Had circumstances been very different, he would've been proud to bore such a badass scar.

Now? Looking at his own reflection and seeing those ugly @$$ scars made him want to punch the fu$king mirror.

Fortunately, while it would scar, the damage could've been worse, especially to his left eye. Thankfully, according to the doctors, his left eye was miraculously not blinded. Surgery may be needed to prevent lasting droop of the damaged eyelid but still, he was 'lucky' they said.

They were dumb@$$es. He was anything but lucky, how the fu$k could he be feeling lucky of all things after all the $hit he's been through?

Tsuya was scarred too on her left arm. It started from below her elbow and the scarring covered practically half of her forearm.

She always had to impulsively swallow down the bile in her throat everytime she saw her arm because even if it was covered by bandages or sleeves, she's seen it. She's seen the stark contrast the scar had against her skin and it was sickening to her.

The scar was spread out across her arm, the same way one would get an accurate shaped tan line after sunbathing in an elaborate swimsuit. But cracks spread out on the edges like the roots of a tree trunk, reminding her of cracked porcelain.

(She felt ready to shatter like porcelain and simply stay that way instead of pointlessly piecing herself back together with cellophane tape.)

Fortunately, her muscles and tendons weren't too badly damaged. The doctors and healing quirks managed to fix it so she'd be able to keep using it and move it like normal without any problems.

She would gladly sacrifice a whole arm and a leg- literally and metaphorically- if it meant she could undo all this. If it meant Auntie Inko would be alive and Izu happy and alive and safe, it'd be a small price to pay.

But no. She could offer her mcfu$king heart or her goddamn brain or her whole @$$ body and it still wouldn't be enough. Nothing would ever be enough to change what's happened.

No amount of doctors or healing quirks, no matter how experienced or talented or effective they are, will ever be able to heal the scar Bakugou Katsuki and Hoshiko Tsuyasha will have to carry to their own graves.

(Maybe they won't have to carry them for long if they go there themselves first.)

^^*************^^

Katsuki thought he knew what cold felt like.

He thought cold was that chill that sent goosebumps prickling and the hair on your arms and the back of your neck standing with a tingly feel. He thought cold was the feeling you get when you felt the coolness wash over your skin like a rock immersing into a river.