Chapter one

Lauren's POV

I watched as the mailman leaves my mail in my mailbox and drives off.

Walking down my driveway and to the mailbox to grab the papers there.

Pulling some out before hearing my name being called from beside me.

"Lauren?" A voice which sounds so familiar calls from beside me.

Thinking it's just a fan I throw on a smile and turn to say hi but when I turn and look to see who it is my jaw drops.

"Lisa?" I say as she smiles to me and nods. I almost didn't recognize her, she looks so different, but in a good way.

"Do you live around here?" I ask as she steps closer to me, putting my mail back in the mailbox so I can talk to her.

"Yeah I just moved down the block last month, I didn't know you lived here." The older girl responds as I nod. Knowing the last time I saw her we both lived somewhere else.

"Yeah I've lived here ever since....y'know" I answer back as she nods.

"It's funny I never saw you when you were moving in, I guess I don't really pay attention to the stuff that happens around here."

"Yeah well I haven't really been out of my house since I moved in, fixing it up and unboxing. I just started walking again and out of coincidence I see you." She says back laughing at what I just said.

"Well why don't you come in? We can talk or whatever, I'd be great to get to spend time with you again." I ask but for some reason I got nervous to hear her answer, hoping she says yes because honestly I've missed her. I've never stopped thinking about her and always wondered how she was.

"I would love to, but I'm all sweaty right now. Why don't I run home and shower and I'll be right back." The older girl says as I smile glad she said yes but another thought comes to mind.

"Well why don't you just take a shower here, you can borrow some clothes and everything." I answer back as I see her smile and think for a second before nodding.

"Yeah ok I'd like that." She says as I grab my mail again before showing her up to the door of my house. Opening it and letting her follow me in.

Setting my mail down on the table by my door as I bring her up to my room.

"Here." I say to her as I pick up a towel from the closet in the hallway. Handing it to her as we continue to my room. Opening the door and walking to the bathroom inside my room.

"Here you go. Oh and so you don't have to change back into sweaty clothes my closet is right over there. Feel free to go through it and find something comfortable to wear. I'll be waiting downstairs till your done, take your time." I say all of that while walking over to my bedroom door.

"Thanks really, I promise I won't take to long." Lisa says sending me a smile as I send one back and nod. Closing the door as I walk back downstairs and to the couch in my living room.

Just sitting here as I'm taking everything in.

She's really here, I've imagined this exact moment in so many different ways for the past 3 years. And finally it happened. I totally didn't imagine it to be this way though, her taking a walk down our now shared neighborhood and meeting me at my mailbox.

It's crazy really, god really does have ways of bringing people together and I guess he thought now would be a great time.

——————————

About 20 minutes later I hear Lisa's light footsteps coming down the stairs and over to the living room. She sees me and smiles as she comes and sits down.

I see she grabbed some leggings and surprisingly enough she picked out a piece of my merch. It's a black crewneck that just has lyrics to one of my songs and my name written on the back.

"Wow nice shirt you picked out." I say and laugh as she gives me a confused look and look down to the long sleeved shirt she's wearing.

"What? Is this like the only shirt you didn't want me to wear?" She says while looking back up to me with more confusion written all over her face.

"Cause like I can go back up and pick another shirt, this one just looked really comfortable." She said and I can feel her slightly lift her self from the couch as I reach out my hand to stop her, shaking my head.

"No no it's fine, it is really comfy. It's just it's one of my shirts from my merchandise....." I say feeling her sit back down as she raises her eyebrow, probably confused since she didn't see my name since it's on the back.

"It is? I didn't notice." The short haired girl responds still overly confused as she pulls the fabric away from her stomach while looking down at the writing, still trying to figure out how it's part of my collection.

"Yeah, my names on the back. Most people don't realize until they get it and see the back." I say once again as I see her now turn her head to look over her shoulder, pulling the shirt so she can see the back as she fails to see the writing, soon giving up as she shrugs. I laugh at her actions as she looks back at me.

"Well it must be a great piece cause it's comfortable as heck and I could live in this." She answers while running her hands down the arms of the shirt. As I nod, knowing it's one of my favorites since it is super light and soft on the inside.

"Thanks, my team did a really good job on making it. I just pitched the idea and they brought it to life." I say as we both fall into silence, a comfortable one. Like we could just be sitting here for hours in each other's presence and not be bothered.

"So...how have you been?" I hear Lisa break the silence as I look over to her, thinking deeply of how to answer her question.

"Good. You know better then the last time you saw me.....I switched labels so they're not draining me like the last one. But I got to admit they did help me out a lot, getting me all the gigs they did to get me up and running in the industry. But they did control me and that's not what I wanted." I say as I see her nod and look down.

"Yeah I remember. You were exhausted, I'm surprised you didn't get hospitalized from exhaustion. You were always out and about but you did it with spirit. You worked hard to get where you are now and I'm proud of you, I always knew you would make it far, what can I say you're a great singer and songwriter." She says into her lap as I smile at the kind words she said.

"Thanks. It's not exactly the way I wanted to start my fame trip. I was sad, and deprived from my life. I wish I could've changed a few things back then...." I say as I see Lisa's head look over to me with a soft smile.

"Yeah but maybe if you changed a few things you wouldn't have this great life now. Things happen for a reason and at the time it might not of been the best way to get here but it worked out in the end and you should be proud of yourself nonetheless. I am." She says, staring deeply into my eyes as it brings me back to when we last saw each other. It almost felt like the look she gave me was the same one she gave me that day.

A/N: Hellooo! Hope you guys like the first chapter of my new story, I'm in love with the plot and have a bunch of ideas for the nexts chapters to come. Please drop a comment if you like the book so far and if you could please give me a vote that would be awesome. Have a good day or night from wherever you are in the world!