Chapter five

Lauren's POV

"Lauren they'll have you on in 10. Just get a few more touch ups and you're ready to go." My manager, Richie says to me as I nod and go to the dressing room they have for me here.

Not in the best mood to preform right now but I don't have any other choice. I missed yesterday's performance so they were generous enough to reschedule to today.

I hear my phone go off once I sit down in the makeup stool. Looking down at my phone as one of the makeup artist touch's up my powder so I don't look that glossy when I start to sweat on stage.

Lisa(2:33pm): hey, I was wondering if you wanted to catch some late lunch, I just finished doing some yard work and didn't realize how hungry I was lol.

I sigh while I text a response back, knowing I never really had an opportunity to tell her I left Tennessee or more importantly won't be back till next week.

Lauren(2:35): I would totally go if I was in Tennessee. Sadly I left late last night to NY and I won't be back till next Wednesday, I'll definitely take up that offer if it still stands for when I get back?

Lisa(2:36): of course it does, I'll see you when you get back ;)

I smile down at my phone as I put it back with my bag. Going back out to the hallway since I have a few minutes to spare till I go on.

Soon hearing my name get announced and that's my cue to go out. I wave to the crowd as I walk up to the mic stand, thanking them for coming as the music to one of my newest tracks starts playing.

—————————

"You did great Laur, You still have the interview after break so go get some water and you can relax till then." Richie says patting me on the shoulder, I smile to him as I greatly go get water and go back to the dressing room so I can sit down on that couch I saw in there.

I grab my water and head back to the dressing room, accidentally bumping into someone on the way there and it makes them stumble forward.

"Oh I am so sorry! I wasn't paying attention." I say as I putting my hands up a little defensively, seeing this guy turn around to me with a small smile.

"It's ok, working backstage you get pushed around a lot. At least I got bumped into by someone as cute as you." The guy, probably around my age, says flirtatiously, I smile a little shyly and nod, not knowing what else to say.

"Well I'm Miles." The taller guy says sticking his hand out for me to shake. I take his hand in mine and slowly shake it.

"And you're Lauren, the girl that's performing here today right?" He asks kindly. I nod at him and pull my hand back from him.

"Yeah, I just finished my performance a minute ago. I'm waiting for my interview now." I say to the dark haired boy and he nods at my statement.

"Oh I was wondering if you guys have any food here? I'm supposed to go out to eat after the interview but I'm starving and just need something to hold me over till then." I say, and as If my stomach knew about the topic we were on it grumbles loudly. I just place my hand over my stomach and look at the teller guy as he laughs and nods his head.

"Yeah we have a vending machine just down the hall." He says then points to the direction of where he's talking about. I look down the hall then back to him with a smile.

"I can show you if you'd like." The taller guy asks just as I was about to walk towards the hallway. Thinking for a second before nodding then motioning for him to lead the way. He does so with a smile as I follow closely behind him.

We finally get up to the vending machine as I take my phone out of my pocket and pull the card out of the case. Sliding it into the slot while choosing something to eat, choosing the bag of white cheddar popcorn then punching in the number that is below it. Pulling my card back out and waiting for the bag to fall out of its place.

Once it does I grab it and smile, looking back to Miles as he laughs at my happiness for the food.

"Thank you for showing me where to food is, I probably would've died before we get the chance to leave to eat." I gush out dramatically, as Miles laughs again at my statement.

"That's not a problem at all, I'm glad to have helped you not died of starvation." He sends me a smile as I send him one back. About to add something else to the conversation before I hear my phone ding.

Pulling it back out of my pocket I look to see who was texting me and immediately smile when seeing Lisa's name appear. I open the text message and read it.

Lisa(2:58pm): wow you're missing out on such a good meal.

Lisa's text reads as I see a photo of her food and her smiling face. Her smiling being contagious and brings the same smile to my face.

I send a text back and take the same kind of picture she took. Holding up my bag of popcorn and smiling. Snapping the picture and sending both it and the text.

Lauren(2:59pm): aw man that does suck, but you're missing out on this delicious pre-meal. ;)

Lisa(2:59pm): damn I am missing out. White cheddar popcorn is a heavenly creation.  And the cutie right next to it ;)

I immediately blush at her comment, focusing in on Lisa's text as I forget I'm still in the hallway with Miles standing right in front of me waiting for a reply.

Lauren(3:00pm): oh I didn't even see the oranges, I should grab them too I'm starving. ;)

Lisa(3:00pm): oh Laur if I was there you definitely would've gotten smacked.

Lisa(3:01pm): well I should eat my food now before it starts to get cold, or before people start to wonder why I took a selfie with a burger. Now go eat your snack so later you can get some real food in ya, talk to you later Laur!

Lauren(3:01pm): ok I will, talk to you later. <3

I smile while putting my phone away to look up at the boy still standing in front of me and I instantly feel bad for just making him stand there.

"Oh my god I'm so sorry, thank you again for showing me where some food is." I say shoving my phone back in my back pocket and smiling nervously at him.

"No it's ok, were you talking to a boyfriend or something? I'd see why you needed to get back to them." He says and my cheeks immediately flush a red color and I shake my head laughing a little.

"No no, no boyfriend. It was my friend.......well we use to date, a few years ago but me and her are just friends now." I say, just rambling on to help my case but In reality I'm just digging a bigger hole.

"All I'm hearing is that you use to date, but you were blushing while talking to her." The taller boy says as I look down and shake my head, trying to think of a reason to why I was blushing but it was obvious that I was flustered with what she said.

"She just showed me a picture of her burger, and I'm so hungry how could I not be flushed by it." I say fanning myself for effect as he laughs a little.

"Well I better go dig Into my popcorn, I'll see you around." I say to Miles while waving, seeing him way back as I walk off to the dressing room. Breathing out a sigh of relief, not wanting to talk about the subject of me and Lisa relationship cause it's all just really confusing to me.

I get into the dressing room and just have a few more minutes to eat before I have to go back out to do an interview.

A/N: Finished this a few days ago and forgot to post it, well hi you're welcome.